quizballs 332 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 332 - free general knowledge quiz questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Based on an old metaphor, a song about unrequited (unreturned) love is called a '(What?) song': Heart; Flame; Arrow; or Torch?
- Edema (or oedema, or dropsy) refers to body tissue: Swelling; Reddening; Throbbing; or Hardening?
- An offence in sport intended to stop a threatening move or gain other advantage is misleadingly and euphemistically called a '(What?) foul': Technical; Professional; Free; or Fair?
- If an invoice for $90 includes tax of 20% on the pre-tax cost, what was the cost before tax?
- The ischium, related to 'sciatic', is the lower part of which human bone?
- Named after a distinctively shaped musical instrument, and Stockholm's Hasselbacken Restaurant/Hotel, 'Hasselback' potatoes are almost wholly (What?) before baking: Skewered with cinnamon sticks; Wrapped in smoked herring; Thin-sliced and cheese-covered; or Diced with honey and schnapps?
- Technically a shoal of fish becomes a school of fish when it is: In the Northern not Southern hemisphere; In fresh water not salt water; More than c.1,000 fish; or Swimming in the same direction?
- Sound reflected back within c.50 milliseconds is technically called what, commonly abbreviated as a sound production effect?
- Glycyrrhizin, from the Glycyrrhiza glabra plant, used in medicine, is more generally known for the distinctive sweet characteristic of what confection, famously produced (among other varieties/sources) in Pontefract, W Yorkshire?
- Name Bette Midler's early-career pianist and co-producer of The Divine Miss M debut album, who became a major star in his own right?
- UX is a modern phonetic abbreviation and design consideration of what human effect when using a product/system/service, especially computerized?
- What controversial process uses a 'proppant' with 'slickwater' or gel/foam including additives such as hydrochloric acid, guar gum, radioactive tracers?
- Ishmael, the first son of Abraham, based on biblical account refers metaphorically also to a: Miser; Fraud; Outcast; or Multi-talented entertainer?
- The architectural term colonnade refers to a series of what features?
- The word porous literally refers to what characteristic in a substance: Air; Dryness; Holes; or Water?
- In the longstanding Samsung logo which letter has a missing major part?
- What's the English translation of the religious Latin abbreviation AMDG ('Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam')?
- Put these biological taxonomical classes in order of high to low: Genus Family Species Order?
- Name the mothership and lander craft which achieved the first ever comet landing, on Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko in November 2014?
- The words lyceum and academy referred originally to the garden 'schools' of respectively which two great seminal thinkers?