quizballs quiz 32 - questions without answers
free trivia quiz questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a page from the Quizballs zone of the Businessballs website. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Question 12 was clarified and extended on 25 Jul 2007 because the question previously identified Marjorie Robb as sole living survivor
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 32 - free history quiz questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What took place on Griffin's Wharf in America in 1773?
- What was the name of the ship on which the Pilgrims travelled to North America in 1620?
- What was the name of the English farmer who invented the seed-planting drill in 1701?
- In which year was Nelson Mandela released from prison?
- What was the nationality of the first non-Italian Pope since 1523?
- What was the name of the world's first man-made satellite launched by the USSR in 1957?
- Which country gained its independence from Denmark in 1944?
- In 1803 who started shipping portions of the sculpted frieze from the Parthenon in Greece to England?
- In which year did French Queen Marie Antoinette go the guillotine?
- Who became US president after Herbert Hoover?
- French King Louis XIV (1638-1715) was the longest reigning European monarch - how long did he reign?
- Marjorie Robb, who died in Boston USA in 1992 aged 103, Barbara Dainton, Millvina Dean and Lillian Asplund, achieved notoriety for being among the last living survivors of what?
- Who in 1963 murdered Lee Harvey Oswald, the assassin (according to official accounts) of US President John F Kennedy?
- The Kiel Canal in Germany, officially opened in 1895, connects which two seas?
- Fletcher Christian, who led the mutiny on the Bounty in 1789, subsequently rediscovered and settled on which remote Pacific Island, which had been 'lost' from British maritime records?
- What were the waitresses called who worked in the English Lyons Cornerhouse tea rooms, popular in first half of the 1900's?
- In 1624 what was purchased from the local inhabitant Native Americans by the Dutch for a reported sum of $24?
- Which former Prime Minister of India was assassinated in 1991 as he campaigned for re-election?
- Which New York hotel was designed by Henry Hardenbergh in 1897?
- What date is France's Bastille Day?
- Which mountain was climbed for the first time in 1786?
- In what year did India and Pakistan become independent nations and free from British rule?
- Which planet was discovered by William Herschel 1781?
- In 1926, 19 year-old Gertrude Ederle became the first woman to do what?
- In what year, generally regarded as marking the end of the Cold War, did the Berlin Wall come down?
- Which calendar was devised in 1582?
- Which London Emporium opened in Picadilly 1707?
- British publisher Ludvik Hoch was better known by which name?
- Which English King abdicated in 1936?
quizballs 32 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes