quizballs 324 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 324 - free general knowledge quiz questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- In a musical work the term 'coda' refers to its: Introduction; Chorus; Ending; or Volume?
- A nuclear component which emits radioactivity for an industrial/commercial purpose is called a: Core; Nut; Source; or Pip?
- Mirage, Treasure Island, Paris, New York-New York, and Circus Circus are famous what, and where?
- What term denoting a jointly won race originally meant it was void and required a re-run?
- The cobalt salts of aluminium/aluminum oxide produce what colour/color in ceramics, glass, etc., notably ancient Chinese porcelain?
- A solenoid, featured in electromagnetic valves and switches of that name, is a: Helix; Cube; Sphere; or Lozenge?
- The expression 'Go West' originally (mid-1800s) encouraged people to move from/within: Europe; America; Russia; or Asia?
- The word/brand 'Ritz' was originally a: Biscuit; Hotelier; Dance; or German slang for bling?
- Henry Poor's 1800s railroad manuals and Luther Blake's Standard Statistics Bureau of non-railroad corporate information merged in 1941 to become what famous two-letter US financial services/index brand?
- Who painted The Starry Night, Sorrowing Old Man and Self-Portrait Without Beard?
- A single significant obstacle is figuratively called 'The Fly in the...': Butter; Eye; Gravy; or Ointment?
- An oophorectomy is the removal of one or both of a woman's what?
- To what very common consumer items do the IEC codes R6 and R03 and equivalent ANSI codes AA and AAA refer?
- What dangerous material occures in white, brown and blue forms respectively from Chrysotile, Amosite, and Crocidolite minerals?
- The significant Irish minister Ian Paisley, who died in 2014, was a: Protestant; Catholic; Mormon; or Jehova's Witness?
- Name the record-breaking $0.5bn development-cost computer game launched to massive publicity in 2014: Idiocy; Banality; Insanity; or Destiny?
- A full moon which coincides with its closest proximity to Earth is called a '(What?) moon': Blue; Harvest; Festival; or Cheese?
- A mollymawk is an Australian/NZ word for what creature, strongly linked with maritime superstition?
- What silver-grey/gray metallic element used in high strength steels has the symbol Mo?
- The inventors of Penicillin, Television, the Bank of England, the BBC, and the decimal point were: Scottish; English; American; or German?
quizballs 324 - free general knowledge quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes