quizballs 323 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 323 - free general knowledge quiz questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Which spice is named from Hungarian for pepper?
- Which two similar creatures, and the only major predators of mosquitos, are differentiated by their respective perpendicular and parallel resting wing positions?
- What medieval term for a knights' equestrian tournament is also a fairground ride and an airport mechanism?
- Which German rye bread is named, according to many reliable sources, from the original meaning 'Devil's fart'?
- Brinjal is an Indian/S African word for what vegetable?
- What refers to social service focused on an individual's situation/background, and also to certain furniture, especially ornate cabinets?
- In the Isle of Man TT motorcycle race, the TT stands for what?
- What term refers to a fashion/lifestyle/music genre, and wood that is light and flaky due to rot or fungal attack?
- What technical Anglicized French word for a rank or level is from French for ladder?
- Related to voting/headcount, what technical term refers to the removal of a tree's top branches, usually to encourage new growth?
- Dart, mushroom, grain, notions, and piping are terms used in what handicraft?
- A nuclear reactor which produces more 'fissile' material (i.e., which sustains a chain reaction) than it consumes in fuel is known by what sexual term?
- Haslet is a traditional (mostly UK) inexpensive chopped, pressed and cooked cold loaf of: Fruit; Fish; Offal; or Chocolate fudge with nuts and raisins?
- In rugby union, how many yards position is a team penalized for arguing with a referee's decision?
- In 2014 German coastal authorities reportedly introduced various bans and dimensional limits of max 4m x 0.5m for beach: Inflatables; Goalposts; Bar signs; or Sand castles?
- What typically pluralized instrument is named from Spanish 'chestnut'?
- Brimstone is an old word for which chemical element?
- Name the vast Telefónica S.A. Spanish/Latin-American mobile phone corporation, whose name alludes to cinematic celebrity?
- In 2010 which famous pedestrian 'zebra' crossing was the first to be given UK Heritage listed status, normally only given to buildings and monuments?
- The latin term 'mutatis mutandis' is used when doing what to two basically similar things: Comparing; Joining; Destroying; or Separating?
quizballs 323 - free general knowledge quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes