quizballs 322 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 322 - free general knowledge quiz questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Viticulture refers to the cultivation of what fruit?
- What ancient seminal Palestinian city is 'house of meat' in Arabic, and 'house of bread' in Hebrew?
- 'Die Adler', nickname of the German national soccer team, means 'The (What)'?
- 'Pole', meaning leading contender, in 'pole-position', originally referred to: The North Pole; Poland; Pole-vaulting; or A wooden pole at the start of a horse race?
- What rum-based cocktail is named from Spanish 'little wet thing'?
- In the the expression 'whet your appetite', the old word 'whet' technically means: Loosen; Sharpen; Lubricate; or Tempt?
- Petroliam Nasional Berhad, the huge Malaysian gas/oil corporation gave its abbreviated name to what world-leading Kuala Lumpa landmark?
- In Australian slang, someone called a 'mollydooker' is a: Policeman; Convict; Priest; or Left-handed?
- During the 1900s, Olivetti, Olympia, Underwood, Smith Corona, and Remington were famous makers of: Glassware; Typewriters; Snack foods; or Motorbikes?
- The famous 'Kitemark' quality symbol, registered in England in 1903, one of the world's oldest trademarks still in use, contains which two letters (besides the 'V' shape)?
- Bosintang/Boshintang (or Gaejangguk) is a Korean soup of declining popularity made chiefly of what meat?
- Name the Lebanese writer Kahlil Gibran's famous 1923 philosophical collection of verses, with sales of over 100m copies?
- Anopheles and Aedes, which indirectly kill millions of people every year, are what?
- What central European bread supposedly originated in monasteries and represents praying hands?
- The 2014 Ice Bucket Challenge internet phenomenon originally promoted awareness and fundraising for which disease?
- What word meaning 'misbehaved' evolved through 'wicked' from originally 'possessing nothing'?
- The hull of a seed is its: Core; Shoot; Shell; or Oil?
- The Glycaemic Index (GI) refers to: EU stock exchanges; Food; Optical lenses; or Rainfall?
- In business/work/politics/etc, 'Guanxi' (China), 'Blat' (Russia), and 'Wasta' (Middle East) refer to the significance of: Education; Finance; Personal relationships; or Tea-breaks?
- Petite Borgeoisie is an Anglicized French term referring to what traditional notion of social demographics class: Nobility; Upper Class; Lower Middle Class; or Working Class?
quizballs 322 - free general knowledge quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes