quizballs 319 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 319 - free general knowledge quiz questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Name Google's search engine for academic publishing?
- Built for the 1980 Summer Olympics, which city boasts the The Izmailovo Hotel (at 2014 the world's largest, comprising 7,500 rooms)?
- The European supermarket corporation Netto was founded and remains (at 2014) headquartered in: Denmark; Germany; France; or Italy?
- Whose logo features two pulling horses and the words 'original riveted'?
- Sauerkraut is a type of German: Sausage; Bread; Cabbage; or Yoghurt?
- The technical term 'Wearing Course' is used in: Fashion shows; Golf; Road surfacing; or Catering?
- Warp and weft (USA, warp and fill) refer to the main elements in making: Beer; Bread; Cloth; or Shoes?
- The word dinosaur is from Greek 'deinos saurus' meaning: Eat Plenty; Terrible Lizard; Angry Bird; or Saw Tooth?
- What is a 3D crystal structure in physics and a criss-cross pastry pie top?
- The energy possessed by something due to its motion is called: Potential; Kinetic; Elastic; or Gravitational?
- Which famous archipelago comprises eight major islands including Maui, Oahu, Kauai, and Molokai?
- The capacity in megabytes (MB) of a standard Compact Disc is about: 0.7; 7.3; 73.7; or 737?
- What traditional American word for an ancient weapon refers to the gravity-based accelerational effect of a celestial object on another, or on a spacecraft?
- Trypanosomiasis technically refers to what sort of sickness: Travel; Sleeping; Sea; or Love?
- What modern globally recognized symbol was created by British designer Gerald Holtom in 1958, based on the flag semaphore signals for N and D?
- Computer programming students commonly begin by writing a program named from its display output - "Hello (What?)": Everyone!; World!; Mum!; or Goodbye! ?
- American Callan Pinckney's eponymously named system became a best-selling (1980s-2000s) book/video franchise in what genre: Cooking; DIY; Fitness; or Childcare?
- What term, derived from Italian/French theatrical farce, nowadays fashionably refers to mildly erotic entertainment and striptease?
- What is a finch-like bird, a festive decoration, and a baby's hooded sleeping garment?
- Bok Choy (US) or Pak Choi (UK) is a Chinese: Martial art; Writing style; Poetry; or Cabbage?
quizballs 319 - free general knowledge quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes