quizballs 318 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 318 - free general knowledge quiz questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- On Apple Inc's apple logo the leaf and bite-out are respectively positioned: Left and Left; Left and Right; Right and Left; or Right and Right?
- In biochemistry the suffix '-ose' usually denotes what common sort of substance?
- A payment or loss representing a tiny fraction of the payee's wealth is metaphorically called 'Small (What?)', actually made in medieval times for children and poor folk: Wine; Beer; Cake; or Trousers?
- The US-originating slang 'wallwart' is used in which connection: Horticultural; Achitectural; Electrical; or Legal?
- The works of which dramatic writer feature at least 64 bird species including all seven British crows?
- A 'night glow' features in which sort of festival?
- Which 1947-originated DeBeers slogan is according to Advertising Age magazine the best advertising slogan of the 20th century (perhaps aided by a 1956 Fleming creation)?
- In the English language a 'perfect pangram' contains how many letters: 1; 3; 15; or 26?
- The word scourge - 'a cause of suffering' - is metaphorically derived from what instrument of punishment?
- The term 'Standard', a traditional name of some newspapers, derives in this sense from the meaning of a: Quality measure; Flag; Tree/plant; or Newsstand/booth?
- US engineer/industrialist George Pullman (1831-1897) is eponymously associated with travel by: Air; Sea; Rail; or Road?
- In card gambling games such as poker, an 'ante' refers to a betting stake which is: Lost; Compulsory; Higher than the previous one; or Borrowed?
- Acetylsalicylic Acid is better known by what Bayer trademark?
- The main part of what musical instrument, commonly available in chromatic and diatonic forms, is called a 'comb'?
- What literally connects Vikramshila Setu, Rajendra Setu, Mahatma Gandhi Setu and Farakka Barrage?
- CN and CP are the official marks/logos of which nation's two major railway corporations?
- 'Every good boy deserves favour' is a mnemonic in: Chemistry; Geology; Music; or Baking?
- Ragú refers originally in Italian to a: Pasta; Tomato; Meat-based sauce; or Cooking pan?
- Name the trademarked bass-frequency cinematic effect developed by Cerwin-Vega and Universal Studios initially for the 1974 film Earthquake?
- Name the two opposing campaign organizations featured in the 2014 Scottish Independence Referendum?
quizballs 318 - free general knowledge quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes