quizballs 316 - general knowledge quiz - questions & answers
free general knowledge quiz questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs free quiz. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
Below are the quiz answers. Here are the quiz questions without answers.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 316 - free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- After international electronic surveillance revelations in 2014, German government officials reportedly reverted to using: WWII Enigma code machines; Carrier pigeons; Typewriters; or Invisible Ink? Typewriters
- Generally what metalwork process extracts a metal from its ore? Smelting
- Which country is markedly the largest producer of garlic globally: China; India; Brazil; or Luxembourg? China
- San Francisco banned a phone app in 2014 which enabled people to sell: Pier fishing positions; Alcatraz pebbles; Metered car-parking spaces; or Beach massages? Metered car-parking spaces
- The HTML (HyperText Markup Language) webpage codes: '<' and '>' produce the maths symbols: Right/Left chevrons; Plus/Minus; Multiply/Divide; or Square/Cube root? Right/Left chevrons (like this: < > meaning 'less than' and 'greater than', hence the initials in the code)
- Hinnomaki Red, Invicta, Pax and Hairy Amber are types of which Ribes genus fruit? Gooseberry
- A 'Polski Sklep' is a: Sausage; Hat; Ice-skating move; or Retail premises? Retail premises (Polski Sklep means 'Polish shop' - a shop selling products from Poland, not a shop selling polishing materials)
- 20th Century Fox lost a delightful international TV/entertainment trademark dispute in 2014 to which UK comedy club chain? Glee (which defended its right to the name versus the Fox Glee TV brand)
- Jam, Wing, Acorn, T, and Hex are types of what? Nut (fasteners used with bolts)
- The eminent British economist Richard Layard is noted for pioneering work on: Equality; Sustainability; Computing; or Happiness? Happiness
- The Berlin S-Bahn is what sort of system: Railway; Ring-road; Cycle-way; or Canal? Railway (rapid transit passenger trains)
- As at the early 2000s (2000-12 official figures) what country is the world's biggest wine producer? France (Italy is a close second, and actually produced most in the years 2007-10, but overall through 2000-12 France is the biggest producer - source: the OIV, L'Organisation Internationale de la Vigne et du Vin, which is the intergovernmental organization for monitoring and reporting wine statistics)
- The word barber - meaning a men's/boy's hairdresser - is from Latin meaning: Hair; Scissors; Shave; or Beard? Beard (from Latin 'barba')
- Traditionally what do people do with a Mexican piñata: Wear it; Drink it; Ride it; or Smash it to bits with sticks? Smash it to bits with sticks (to release the candies/toys inside)
- Suchen, Buscar, Rechercher and Zoeken appear commonly on German, Spanish, French and Dutch language websites, all meaning what? Search
- The speed of sound in a vacuum is: Fast as light; Same as anywhere else; c.3,500mph; or Zero? Zero (sound does not travel in a vacuum - sound is vibration of matter; there is no matter in a vacuum)
- Which famous city has the official website domain www.mcgm.gov.in? Mumbai (India - fully, The Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai)
- Mercosur/Mercosul is the South American: Soccer Federation; Space Agency; Common Market Agreement; or Storm System? Common Market Agreement (Spanish: Mercado Común del Sur, Portuguese: Mercado Comum do Sul, meaning Southern Common Market, equating to the Euopean Union, comprising Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, Venezuela, and associates Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Peru, and Suriname)
- Which famous southern-hemisphere city centre has the postal code 2000? Sydney (NSW, Australia)
- What parts of the human body are surrounded by protective skin called the eponychium and paronychium? Nails (fingernails and toenails)
quizballs 316 - free quiz questions only for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes