quizballs 313 - tour de france and cycling quiz - questions without answers
free tour de france and cycling quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 313 - free tour de france and cycling quiz questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- The modern 21-day/stage Tour de France is roughly what total distance: 550m/880km; 880m/1,400km; 1,100m/1,760km; or 2,200m/3,500km?
- The traditional generic name of the 1880s bike design which improved the penny-farthing (high-wheel) and basically endures today is the '(What?) bicycle': Efficiency; Reliance; Safety; or Sensible?
- What French railway term refers to the bicycle gear system for shifting the chain between sprockets?
- The 'maillot à pois rouge' jersey of the 'King of the Mountains' (best hill climber) in the Tour de France is white with red: Chevrons; Spots; Crowns; or Snowflakes?
- What country produces Flying Pigeon bicycles, at 2010 the most popular mechanical vehicle in history?
- By the year 2010 there were roughly how many bicycles worldwide: 250 million; 400m; 650m; or 1 billion?
- What was a bicycle first called (and still today also any human powered wheeled vehicle), a Latin portmanteau of 'speed' and 'foot'?
- A modern 'balance bicycle' is purpose-designed for: Tightrope walkers; Children; Delivery riders; or Elderly shoppers?
- In 2013 Dutch cyclist Sebastiaan Bowier set a world speed record for a bicycle (unassisted, human powered vehicle) of what mph? 49; 57; 72 or 83?
- A penny-farthing (high-wheel) bicycle is steered by which wheel(s): Front; Rear; or Both?
- What New York venue gave its name to an Olympic track cycle event, alternatively called the American race?
- Slang for an eccentric person, what bicycle part converts reciprocal leg-power into circular wheel motion?
- The green jersey is worn by the Tour de France's: Leader; Second-place; Best sprinter; or Leading amateur?
- As at 2014 which nation has never hosted a Tour de France stage: Austria; Ireland; Spain; or Germany?
- Who was stripped of his seven Tour de France titles in October 2012 due to doping?
- German Baron Karl Drais's 1818 Laufmaschine (or Dandy horse/Draisine), origin of the modern bike, lacked: Pedal-propulsion; Steering; Spoked wheels; or Saddle/seat?
- What French word commonly refers to a bunch or pack of cyclists?
- Developed, named (c.1950) and hugely popular in Japan for gambling, what Olympic track cycling event requires riders to follow a motorized bike until the last few hundred metres of free sprint?
- Drop, Randonneur, Porteur, Aero and Moustache are types of bicycle what?
- The traditional (English translated) award given to the last place rider in the Tour de France is the: Wooden spoon; Red lamp; Broken wheel; or Stinking Egg?
quizballs 313 - free tour de france and cycling quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes