quizballs 312 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 312 - free general knowledge quiz questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What does the workplace flexi-hours acronym TOIL stand for?
- Waterloo, the location of Napoleon's 1815 defeat, is in modern-day: France; Belgium; Spain; or Russia?
- G-BOAG, G-BOAC, and F-BVFC and the tragic F-BTSC designated what iconic 20thC invention?
- Name the core specialism of notable Anglo-Danish industrialist Sir Ove Nyquist Arup (1895-1988) and the global (Arup Group) corporation he created: Pharmacy; Structural engineering; Shipbuilding; or Food canning?
- The famous guitar maker founded in Kalamazoo, Michigan, in 1902 is: Gibson; Fender; Rickenbacker; or Gretsch?
- Calabria, flanked by the Tyrrhenian and Ionian Seas, is the southern peninsular of which country?
- In the 1920s Japanese and Austrian physicians Kyusaku Ogino and Hermann Knaus devised the contraceptive method called popularly: Coil; Rhythm; Pill; or Condom?
- What boom caused gross exploitation of native people of Brazil and adjacent nations by European industrialists c.1879-1912: Rubber; Cotton; Gold; or Silk?
- What popular Spanish word has various meanings including go, hurry up, come on, let's go, up, upstairs, and above?
- If a fifth of the charges in a £60 bill are discounted by 25%, what is the total cost?
- What punning word is an animal's mother, a barrier, and a biblical expletive?
- The artists Monet, Manet, Degas and Cezanne are mainly noted for what style of art?
- Comprising 100 centavos, what is the currency of Brazil?
- What word, derived from Latin meaning to 'pay against the evil of something' refers to expressing disapproval?
- Ogilvy & Mather, WWP and James Walter Thompson famously operate in: Law; Advertising; Auditing; or Architectural design?
- What mathematical term originated from Arabic 'awar', meaning 'damage to goods', evolving through French terminology for an apportionment of shipping liabilities between owners of vessel and cargo?
- What herb is traditionally associated, besides garlic, with the pickling of a gherkin (US pickle)?
- Avian refers to: Birds; Bees; Apes; or Vikings?
- Derived from Latin for 'place', what anglicized French word commonly means 'instead' in formal communications?
- Which inspirational genius created the landmark film 'Modern Times' and its theme song, 'Smile', released in 1936?
quizballs 312 - free general knowledge quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes