quizballs 311 - football quiz - questions & answers
free football quiz questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs free quiz. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
Below are the quiz answers. Here are the quiz questions without answers.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 311 - free football quiz - questions and answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- A soccer goal is what dimensions, yards wide and feet high: 8x7; 7x8; 8x8 or 9x8? 8x8 (Eight feet high [2.4m] and eight yards wide [7.3m])
- According to FIFA World Cup rules which flag must be displayed inside each match stadium besides those of FIFA/Fair Play, and the two competing nations? United Nations
- Approximately how many million people play regular organized football in the world (at the early 2000s): 5; 25; 65; or 250? 250 million (equating to nearly 4% of world population - soccer is the most popular sport globally, still growing markedly, tenfold since the 1980s)
- The word soccer derives from: Sock; Association; Kosher; or Socrates? Association (association football)
- What is not required by the rules of soccer: Goal net; Penalty spot; Specified ball pressure; or Shin guards? Goal net
- The 2014 World Cup Finals allocated African and European teams respectively how many places: 3 and 9; 4 and 10; 5 and 13; or 6 and 15? 5 and 13
- What city/club football rules, which spread widely in the late 1800s, introduced heading, corners, throw-ins, changing ends, and the goal crossbar: Sheffield; Paris; Milan; or Berlin? Sheffield (The Sheffield Rules helped shift the soccer game away from rugby)
- FIFA's 2014 World Cup Finals/Qualifying rules dictate a match squad of how many players: 18; 23; 26; or 30? 23
- In the 2010 World Cup Final, Jo'bulani was the: Winner's national anthem; Winning goalscorer; Ball; or Trumpet-like horn blown by fans? Ball
- The minimum rest-period between two games for any team at the 2014 World Cup is how many hours: 24; 36; 48; or 72? 48
- Soccer rules award what after an 'own goal' directly from a throw-in: Goal; Penalty; Corner; or Drop-ball? Corner
- The headquarters of FIFA are in Brussels; London; Zurich, or Oslo? Zurich (Switzerland)
- Who has made the World Cup footballs since 1970: Adidas; Puma; Umbro; or Nike? Adidas
- The World Cup Qualifiying matches between El Salvador v Honduras in 1969 coincided with what mutual event: Independence; Earthquake; Drought; or War? War (known as the 'Football War' and '100 Hours War' - riots at the three games, home, away and a play-off, were related to and immediately followed by a brief war caused by land/farming/population-overspill conflict - El Salvador won the play-off, and later gained land/protection concessions from Honduras after wthdrawing its forces)
- The first ever £100,000 (or above) football transfer, in 1961, was: Bobby Moore; Pele; Dennis Law; or Eusebio? Dennis Law (from Manchester City to Torino, for £110,000, 1961)
- A white ball was first used in a World Cup in: 1930; 1950; 1966; or 1982? 1950
- The centre circle of a soccer pitch is used only at kick-offs/re-starts, and in which other game feature? Penalty shoot-outs (all non-involved players must be within it when penalties are taken for penalty-shoot-outs in game deciders)
- Matthias Sammer, Ronaldo, Zinedine Zidane, Rivaldo, and Luis Figo won what between 1990-2002: European Cup; World Cup; Golden Boot; or European Footballer of the Year? European Footballer of the Year
- The first, second and third placed teams at the 2014 World Cup receive how many medals: 20; 30; 40 or 50? 50
- Soccer has been an Olympic event since: 1900; 1964; 1992; or 2002? 1900
quizballs 311 - free quiz questions only for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes