quizballs 306 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 306 - free general knowledge quiz questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Danish researchers proved in 2014 that a major cause of reduced sperm-count in modern men is: Smoked bacon/fish; Household chemicals; Shaving; or Masturbation?
- Since Roman times wine barrels are most commonly made from: Willow; Oak; Beech; or Spruce?
- The East India Company, notable for exploiting India for Britain in the 17th-19th centuries, originated what profession/term: Chartered Surveyor; Chartered Accountant; Civil Servant; or Librarian?
- The human body's axilla or oxter is more commonly called the Elbow; Armpit; Upper jaw; or Eyelid?
- The Nazi exclamation 'Sieg heil' means: Hail victory; Power to the people; Praise God; or It is written?
- What tree and its resin, whose name derives from Greek meaning 'chew', inspired the development of of chewing gum and various industrial sealants?
- What word prefixes the following to make four new words: Age; Date; Drill, Go?
- Bush, Standard, Pyramid, Spindlebush, Cordon, Fan, Espalier, and Step-over espalier are technical formats in: Equestrian dressage; Circus acrobatics; Town planning and street-furniture; or Fruit farming?
- In music the relative minor chord to E major is: Aminor; C#minor; Eminor; or Kminor?
- Technically the male and female polar bear are called: Cock and Hen; Boar and Sow; Bull and Cow; or Buck and Doe? (bonus point: What is a baby polar bear called?)
- A pyranometer and a pyrheliometer are different instruments for measuring what natural phenomenon?
- What is a fifth of a half?
- Pravachol, Lipitor, Mevacor, Altocor, and Zocor are brands of what $multi-billion cholesterol controlling drug, ultimately named after Greek meaning 'causing to stand'?
- Copacabana district/beach in Brazil's Rio de Janeiro is named after a: Fertility dance; Bolivian virgin saint; Palm tree fruit; or Nightclub?
- The occupational surname Chamberlain originally referred to a: Bed-maker; Household manager; Toilet-cleaner; or Executioner?
- Siena/sienna, ochre and umber are shades of: Brown; Grey; Green; or Gold?
- What human liquid is 99.5% water, and 0.5% electrolytes, mucus, glycoproteins, enzymes, and antibacterial compounds such as IgA and lysozyme? Blood; Sweat; Tears; or Saliva?
- 'The Four Humours' ancient concept of personality asserted what 'mood' is produced by phlegm in the body: Cheerfulness; Calmness; Enthusiasm; or Somberness?
- Which letter appears in various alphabets in the traditional Wikipedia globe logo?
- Casement, awning and hopper refer respectively to which three different hinge positions of what (four answers required)?
quizballs 306 - free general knowledge quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes