quizballs 302 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 302 - free general knowledge quiz questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- In which activity were hickory and persimmon replaced by graphite and titanium?
- What is the technical genus category of lemons, oranges, limes?
- 'Simnel' refers to a traditional Easter (what?), originating in medieval England: Cake; Turkey; Flower garland; or Soup?
- A large Tibetan leonine (lion-like) species bought in China for 12million yuan (£1.2m) in 2014 became the world's most expensive: Cat; Dog; Parrot; or Pig?
- A codicil is a supplementary text which alters what sort of legal document?
- Introduced in 1954, a willibecher is a standard what in Germany: Beer glass; Sausage; Paving slab; or Newspaper format?
- What word has noun/verb meanings for an island, a promontory, wine, organic soil, thinking, and a fabric used in bookbinding?
- A fourteen year ban (for mental health reasons) on what was lifted, experimentally, by China in 2014: Tequila; Wrestling; Gaming consoles; or Eastenders (the UK TV soap)?
- Flemington, Greyville, and Longchamp are associated with what, respectively in Australia, South Africa, and France?
- Popular in Indian subcontinental cuisine, gram flour is made from: Rice; Lentils; Chickpeas; or Termites?
- The official logos for organic product certification in the EU, Japan, Australia and Canada all feature a: Flower; Leaf; Sun; or Bee?
- German physician Franz Mesmer's (1734-1815) 'animal magnetism' theory is considered foundational in the development of: Yoga; Hypnosis; Body-building; or Lion-taming?
- Which understated northern European nation grew to become by the early 2000s the fourth richest globally due largely to prudent treatment of oil revenues?
- What original Mrs Beeton sandwich filling did the Royal Society of Chemistry propose in 2014 as the most economically enjoyable: Bacon; Grass; Sugar; or Toast?
- A 'frontispiece' is traditionally at the beginning of a: Book; Opera; Staircase/escalator; or Pantomime horse?
- Derived from ecclesiastical Latin, the term genuflexion/genuflection refers to bending which part of the body: Elbow; Knee; Finger; or Wrist?
- A cloche hat is (what?)-shaped?: Pillbox; Bell; Cone; or Banana?
- 'The Old Lady of Threadneedle Street' is a nickname for: The Eiffel Tower; The Empire State Building; The Bank of England; or Sydney Opera House?
- What popular East Asian food means 'bean curdled': Tofu; Paneer; Dim sum; or Shiitake?
- Match these US cities and their 'Big' nicknames: Big... Orange; Easy; Guava; Apple, Tomato; Pineapple - New Orleans, Honolulu; New York; Sacramento; Los Angeles; Tampa?
quizballs 302 - free general knowledge quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes