quizballs 295 - Turkey quiz - questions without answers
free Turkey quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 295 - free Turkey quiz questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- According to biblical tradition what came to rest on the Mountains of Ararat, now in eastern Turkey?
- The Turkish Van (or Turkish Vankedisi), originally from the eastern Turkish lakeside city of Van, is domestic breed of: Goat; Horse; Dog; or Cat?
- Recep Erdoğan, Abdullah Gül, Bülent Ecevit, and Turgut Özal are notable Turkish: Footballers; Movie stars; Prime Ministers; or TV Cooks?
- 'Magnificent Century' is among what hugely popular Turkish export to Arab and Balkan regions in the 2000s: Wine; Oranges; Perfume; or TV Drama?
- The letters C and S in the Turkish alphabet feature which diacritical mark: Circumflex; Cedilla; Umlaut; or Bolle?
- In Turkish language/custom "teşekkür ederim" and "sağ olun" mean: Hello; Goodbye; Thank you; or Good luck?
- The Turkish War of Independence 1919-23, enabling the independent Turkish nation, was between Turkish nationalists and: Germany; Spain; The Ottoman Empire; or The Allies of the 1st World War?
- Which two white symbols feature on the Turkish national flag, and on what background colour/color (three answers required)?
- Which two nations adjoin Turkey's southern border?
- Turkey's internet country TLD (Top Level Domain) code is: .tu; .tk; .tr; or .ty?
- Equating broadly to Asia Minor/Turkey what is the old term for this region, from ancient Greek meaning 'sunrise' and 'east'?
- Turkey's international vehicle registration code (typically shown on vehicle registration plates) is: T; TR; TU; or O?
- Kemalism, modern Turkey's foundational six-principled socio-political philosophy, is also called the Six: Arrows; Fish; Suns; or Fingers?
- Established in 1923, Cumhuriyet Halk Partisi, is Turkey's oldest: Football club; Political party; University; or Supermarket?
- Invented by Haci Bekir Effendi at his Istanbul shop in 1777 what is the globally consumed 'lokum' more famously called?
- In 1993 the Turkish economist and academic Tansu Penbe Çiller became the country's first: World Chess Champion; Nobel Prizewinner; Eurovision Song Contest Winner; or Female Prime Minister?
- What is modern Turkey's capital city?
- Name Turkey's major 'Istanbul (Who?) Airport' after the founder and first president of the Republic of Turkey?
- A Turkish 'hammam', whose name derives from Arabic hamma, heat, is known in 'western' cultures alternatively as a Turkish what?
- What was the historical capital city of the Ottoman Empire (and also the East Roman and Byzantine empires), and its modern Turkish name (two answers required)?
- Eastern Thrace refers to which part of Turkey: European; Asian; Southern Isles; or North Coastal?
- The famous medieval stone landmark in Turkey's largest city is the 'Galata (What?)': Tower; Mosque; Wall; or Cathedral?
- Which two major seas lie respectively north and south of Turkey, and which minor sea lies to its west (three answers required, in order)?
- Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe, Beşiktaş and Trabzonspor are famous Turkish: Foods; Football clubs; Dances; Car-makers?
- Turkey's biggest city is: Istanbul; Ankara; Izmir; or Bursa?
- Who are Turkey's 2nd largest ethnic people and about 18% of the population: Moors; Kurds; Tartars; or Armenians?
- The Meclis (known fully as Türkiye Büyük Millet Meclisi) is Turkey's: Volcano; Parliament; Space program; or Railway system?
- Turkey's international telephone calling code is: 60; 70; 80; or 90?
- Comprising 100 Kuruş, what is Turkey's currency, first minted in the early 1400s as Ottoman money?
- The turkey bird, named mistakenly after the country Turkey, originated in: Spain; Russia; or China; or Mexico?
quizballs 295 - free Turkey quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes