quizballs 294 - Indonesia quiz - questions without answers
free indonesia quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 294 - free Indonesia quiz questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Indonesia's name derives from Greek 'indos' for India, and 'nesos' meaning: Sea; Island; Fish; or Volcano?
- Garuda Indonesia is the country's official national: Energy corporation; Airline; Sports stadium; or Police force?
- What 'dragon' is the world's largest lizard, named after its unique Indonesian island habitat?
- At which sport has Indonesia won several medals including gold in each Summer Olympics from 1992-2008?
- The Rupiah is Indonesia's: Currency; Parliament; Highest Law Court; or National Anthem?
- Indonesia is dissected by the: Equator; Tropic of Cancer; Tropic of Capricorn; or None of these?
- Indonesia's bad-smelling Rafflesia Arnoldii is the world's largest (what?), and a national emblem?
- Indonesia's governing constitution since independence is a: Monarchy; Military Dictatorship; Presidential Democracy; or Religious Theocracy?
- If it's midnight in Washington DC, Ottowa and Havana, what is the time in the capital of Indonesia: 6pm; Midday; 6am; or Midnight?
- Indonesia's internet country TLD (top level domain) is: .in; .is; .id; or .dns?
- What is Indonesia's 'Sang Saka Merah-Putih' (The Sacred Red-and-White)?
- Indonesia has the world's largest area of what vegetation: Date-palm; Mangrove; Tea; or Cotton?
- Which European nation was the colonial power of Indonesia for 350 years until officially ceding control in December 1949?
- Indonesia's international telephone country code is: 32; 42; 52; or 62?
- Which nation occupied most of modern Indonesia during the 2nd World War, 1942-45, effectively ending colonial rule? Germany; China; Japan; or USA?
- Home to most of Indonesia's Hindu minority, what tourist haven is Indonesia's smallest province?
- Goreng, Bakar, Tumis, Rebus, and Kukus are major Indonesian: Cooking styles; Volcanoes; Soccer clubs; TV soap operas?
- Bahasa Indonesia, based on long-established Malay, is Indonesia's national what?
- The popular Indonesian sport Pencak Silat is a form of: Martial Arts; Triathlon; Boating; or Netball?
- Name the Indonesian island/event/volcano whose eruption in 1883 is considered the loudest event in known human history?
- Indonesia has the world's (what ranking?) biggest national population: 4th; 7th; 9th or 12th?
- The vast majority of Indonesian people adhere to what religion: Buddhism; Islam; Christianity; or Hinduism?
- Bandung, Tangerang, Palembang, Semarang and Serang are popular Indonesian: Foods; Cities; Dances; or Languages?
- Depending on geographical interpretation Indonesia comprises how many islands: 17-18; 170-180; 1,700-1,800 or 17,000-18,000?
- Gamelan is a major Indonesian style of: Cooking; Music; Martial Arts; or Fishing?
- Indonesia's name before independence 1945/50 was '(What?) East Indies': French; Spanish; Dutch/Netherlands; or British?
- Representing about 100 million people and 40% of the population, which is the largest ethnic group of Indonesia: Javanese; Sundanese; Malay; or Madurese?
- Indonesia shares which island with Brunei and Malaysia: New Guinea; Borneo; Timor; or Java?
- Indonesia's capital city is (What?), located in the island of (What?) (two answers required, capital then island): Sulawesi; Jakarta; Java; or Sumatra?
- Kelut and Merapi are among famous Indonesian (what?) in the 'Circum-Pacific Belt' or 'Ring of Fire': Steelworks; Volcanoes; Typhoons; or Curries?
quizballs 294 - free Indonesia quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes