quizballs 290 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 290 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- The suspension of a serving UK parliamentarian by his/her political party is called having the (what?) withdrawn: Wig; Rod; Whip; or Member?
- Viagra pills are traditionally what colour/color?
- Sir Chris Chataway (1931-2014), a successful British broadcaster, politician and businessman, crucially assisted the first: Lunar landing; Sub-4minute mile; Everest ascent; or Mariana Trench descent?
- The lachrymatory factor synthase (LFS) arises in preparing what foodstuff?
- Chrysí Avgí (Golden Dawn) is a far-right political party of which country?
- The acronym HDMI, a 21st century replacement connection technology for analogue video, stands for what?
- Match the names/creatures: Godwit/Reptile; Caribou/Fish; Caiman/Deer; Fugu/Bird?
- What treatment was endorsed in 2014 by Britain's National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) for migraine: Sauna; Herbal; Magnetic; or Cold-showers?
- Drax in Selby, Yorkshire UK, is at 2014 Europe's biggest (what?)-powered electricity generating station: Water; Wind; Solar; Nuclear; or Coal?
- Alabama rot is an often terminal disease particularly afflicting: Cacti; Greyhounds; Bison; or Dolphins?
- Spanish-born Anne Hildago, proposed community redevelopment of Avenue Foch, the most affluent residential street of which city, in her 2014 mayoral election campaign: Paris; London; New York; or Buenos Aires?
- Meaning 'complete view', from Greek 'all-see', what BBC series (at 2014) is the world's longest-running public affairs TV show?
- What common household product is used to protect premature babies and fresh tattoos: Aluminium/aluminum foil; Clingfilm/foodwrap; Greaseprooof paper; or Petroleum jelly?
- In Spain 'chocolate a la taza' is a: Drink; Cake; Snack-bar; or Ice-cream?
- A silkworm/moth's (what?) is used to make silk: Wings; Web; Cocoon; or Droppings?
- In physics the effect of the largest granules rising to the top of an agitated container of mixed granules is popularly called the (what?) effect: Coal truck; Brazil nut; Toffee penny; or Handbag?
- If something is allegorical it is: Old; Symbolic; Untrue; or Religious?
- What prefix when added to the following makes five new words: Shave, Shock; Sun; Thought, Wards?
- A swift strong shoreline current moving out to sea which can threaten bathers is a: Flip; Rip; Strip; or Blip?
- In Rastafari culture the term 'I and I' generally means: Me; You; We; or All?
quizballs 290 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes