quizballs 287 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 287 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- A clinical lipectomy removes what from the body? Hair; Tattoos; Fat; or Lips?
- A temporary electrical connector is known as a (what?) clip: Lion; Tiger; Hippo; or Alligator/Crocodile?
- Which two characters always appeared together in the 1988 film Who Framed Roger Rabbit because Warner Brothers and Disney agreed equal visibility for their respective biggest stars?
- Vostok Station, the coldest place on Earth (-89.2C recorded 1983) is in: Siberia; The North Pole; Tibet; or Antarctica?
- What is the chemical name of the highly poisonous Prussic Acid (formula HCN), which in part reflects its discovery in blue paint pigment?
- Attracting 7million visitors a year, what World Heritage Site at Bennelong Point/Tubowghule was designed by Danish architect Jørn Utzon and opened in 1973?
- Which one of these is not a typical ingredient of 'five spice' powder used in Chinese/eastern cuisine: Pepper, Fennel, Wasabi, Cinnamon, Cloves, Star Anise?
- Oculus Rift is a virtual reality: Chef; College; Headset; or Lap-dance Club?
- Who originally won the 1936 Berlin gold medal bought for a record $1.47m in 2013?
- The licensed sale of what was legalized in Colorado state, for the first time in the USA on 1 Jan 2014: Sex; Marijuana; Human organs; or Absinthe liquor?
- A 'tokal' in Kazakhstan is a second: Home; Child; Car; or Wife?
- Which of these twin factors differentiate the UK secret services MI6 and MI5: Overseas/Domestic; Army/Police; Secret/Open; or Weaponry/Communications?
- Promoted globally in turn from 1970-2006, what were Telstar, Tango, Azteca, Questra, Tricolore, Fevernova and Teamgeist?
- What was Swiss designer Adrian Frutiger's eponymous creation, originally for France's Charles de Gaulle airport signage in 1975?
- The major river of Rome, 'crossing the (What?)' refers informally to conversion from Protestant to Catholic?
- Which landlocked country, independent of France since 1960, has the initials CAR?
- Discovery Day, Fiesta Nacional, and Día de las Américas are among various national versions of what US holiday celebrating 12 October 1492?
- A Mafia extortion racket in late 2013 encouraged Naples shopkeepers to buy what seasonal red and green plants at grossly inflated prices?
- Corinthian, a term for sporting prowess, relates/refers to the ancient city Corinth, in which country?
- What shoemaking tools term is cockney rhyming slang for testicles or nonsense?
quizballs 287 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes