quizballs 284 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 284 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What creature is the Freddo chocolate bar: Fox; Frog; Fish; or Ferret?
- What media term refers to a pundit (on TV, etc): Lip shtick; Talking head; Nodding dog; or Waffle gob?
- What is a filamentous biomaterial in the dermis comprising medulla, cortex, and cuticle?
- Dancing Rain, a mare carrying whose foal, was bought by Sheikh Mohammed for £4.2m in Dec 2013?
- In the expression 'clarion call', a clarion refers to a: Bird; Wolf; Tribe; or Trumpet?
- The Shell corporation's 'Prelude' became in 2013 the world's biggest: Oilrig; Ship; Pipeline; or Blimp?
- Which ex-General Motors company in Trollhattan, Sweden, was acquired from bankruptcy by Chinese-owned corporation NEVS (National Electric Vehicle Sweden)?
- Which city's 15-year-olds were reported (by PISA, 2013) to be the world's best in mathematics: Tokyo; Shanghai; Berlin; or Moscow?
- 'Brazuca', superseding 'Jubulani', is a: Lambourghini model; Tokyo nightclub; News Corp tabloid; or World Cup football?
- In Brazil 'Brazuca' refers to a: Firework; Dance; Cocktail; or Impressive Brazilian-style football move?
- What old design system has 'honorable/honourable ordinaries' including chief, pale, fess, bend and bordure?
- What old word referring to the husband of an adulterous wife, and the action of the usurping male, alludes to a bird which lays its eggs in another's nest?
- GATT was effectively superseded by the WTO in 1995 for the international development of: Trade; Computing; Education; or Fruit? (bonus points for each of the full meanings?)
- The ancient symbol called the Eye of Providence (or the 'All-seeing Eye of God') is typically an eye in a (what-shaped?) frame: Circular; Triangular; Square; or Diamond?
- In 2012 Mondelēz International Inc., was separated and renamed in a 'spin-off' (demerger) including brands such as Cadbury, Nabisco, and Oreo, from what major US corporation?
- What currency grew to be in 2013 the world's 2nd most used in the finance of international trade: Euro; US Dollar; Yuan; or Pound Sterling?
- What is the the shocking common misnomer of 'Electrophorus electricus', similarly initialed 'E E'?
- The Latin term 'requiescat in pace' equates to what common English phrase?
- Which high profile British athlete was widely praised as inspirational for publicizing his sexuality in 2013 in response to scurrilous press intrusion?
- Rematch correctly the following celebrity-branded people/products, and identify the false pairing: Paul Newman - Condoms ; Denis Rodman - Salad Dressing; Brangelina (Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie) - Vodka; Tony Blair - Wine? (one point per correct pairing, so max total 4 points)
quizballs 284 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes