quizballs 281 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 281 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- In physics, what is a substance that continually deforms/flows under applied stress, including liquids, gases and plasmas?
- What political philosophy is named after its Greek derivation 'one without rulers'?
- What was the Nintendo corporation's first main product line: TVs; Cars; Telephones; or Playing cards?
- The 'Turing test' assesses whether a computer possesses what characteristic: Security; Reliability; Predictability; or Human?
- What symbol appears on the German Euro Cent coins and pre-Euro pfennigs?
- What major group of organisms possess bodily features called operculum, caudal peduncle, and photophores?
- In the mechanics of gryoscopes and maritime compasses, etc., the inner/outer rings which form a self-levelling frame is called a: Thimble; Tremble; Gimbal; or Cymbal?
- Super, Magic, Brønsted and Lewis are prefixes for chemical substance?
- Which capital city is located at 64°08'N 21°56'W?
- The highest paved road in the world, the 1,300km Karakoram Highway, connects which two nations: USA-Russia; Russia-China; China-Pakistan; or Canada-USA?
- Artichoke is a variety of: Rose; Thistle; Potato; or Pea?
- The term 'ignition' derives from which archaic 'element': Fire; Water; Air; or Earth?
- What are the two remaining 'living' Baltic languages (each of ex-Soviet Union republics)?
- Who proposed the 'three basic activities of man': Theoria, Poiesis and Praxis (concerned respectively with the purposes of knowledge: Truth, Production, Action): Leonardo da Vinci; Sigmund Freud; Aristotle; or Adolf Hitler?
- What is the main nationality of the Yakuza (or gokudo/boryokudan/ninkyo dantai) said to be (at early 2000s) the world's largest criminal organization?
- In Greek mythology when Pandora opened her box (actually jar), all the evil spirits escaped, and only Elpis, goddess of (what?) remained?
- A polygraph is more popularly called a: Lie detector; Phone call; Postcard; or Public opinion survey?
- Medically which is deemed the most complete form of cleaning/hygiene: Disinfection; Sterilization; or Sanitization?
- The children's story/TV character Noddy was created in 1949 by which English author?
- Alluding to remembering something, what was the standard form of quick recorded business communication before email?
quizballs 281 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes