quizballs 278 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 278 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Stannic and stannous refer to variations of which metallic element?
- The Coca-Cola corporation launched its Sprite drink in 1961 to compete with which similarly famous earlier product?
- What 1500s tradename for a harnesses maker, later a slaughterer of old horses, and dialectal term for castanets, became slang for testes and verb terms for various states of uselessness?
- The medical term sclerosis refers to the abnormal (what?) of body tissue: Multiplying; Softening; Hardening; or Wasting?
- The legume plant Glycyrrhiza glabra is commonly called what (also a confectionery derived from its boiled root)?
- Hank is a unit of measurement of: Yarn/twine; Livestock; Diver's compression; or Musical echo?
- The softest known mineral, magnesium silicate, is commonly called what in its loose form?
- From ancient Greek 'all gods' what word refers to (a temple for) the collective dieties of a religion, and metaphorically to the leaders of a field?
- What word prefixes the following to produce five different words: Pet, Diddle, Site, Graph, Meter?
- Originating in India, paneer (or panir/chhena/chhana) is a type of: Cake; Wine; Omelette; or Cheese?
- The hawse is a hole in the side of a ship for the: Toilet waste; Anchor cable/chain; Foglight; or Harpoon/Gun-barrel?
- What plant provides the raw material for linen?
- Staphylococcus and Streptococcus are types of: Protozoa; Bacteria; Virus; or Fungus?
- Who retained a weakness where held and dipped by his mother into the river Styx to make him immortal?
- Which one of these is not in the conventional western violin string tuning: E A B D G?
- What is the approximate total coastline of Australia, excluding its islands: 4,000miles; 7,500miles; 15,000miles, or 22,000miles?
- Pele is which nation's goddess of volcanoes: Brazil; Hawaii; Iceland; or Italy?
- German organic chemist Baron Justus von Liebig (1803-73), a 'founding father of the fertilizers', also founded which meaty three-letter brand?
- Name the late 1800s eponymous and genericized trademark cutting tool with replacement blade, whose founding organization merged with Black & Decker in 2010?
- Sprachgefühl is a German term for the (and possessing the) natural: Eye for a ball; Feeling of language; Poise of a ballerina; or Cunning of a fox?
quizballs 278 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes