quizballs 276 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 276 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What two-verb expression refers to a formal notification to stop an activity, prior to legal action: Stay and Suspend; Defer and Delay; Cease and Desist; or Waive and Adjourn?
- Largely abusing Catholic/Vatican connections, the 'Ratlines' of World War II enabled escape from Europe and resettlement for whom?
- Imperative, perfect, pluperfect, perfect, and infinitive are types of: Sentences; Adjectives; Verbs; or Prepositions?
- Hewer is an old occupational name for which trade?
- What popular spirit drink brand includes a bat in its logo?
- Viewed from the front, the stripes (W=White, B=Black) of a European badger's head are, left to right: BWB; WBW; BWBWB; or WBWBW?
- The 'Tube' in the website name YouTube also refers informally to what traditional display technology, abbreviated to CRT?
- The development of what sort of pumping engine in 1785 gave rise to the description 'draught/draft' for its pumped product?
- The eponymous stairway to heaven dreamed by Joseph's father in Bible's book of Genesis is famously known as what?
- The German company Recaro famously produces what high-performance product?
- What business model name derives from Old French 'free' and a late-Middle Ages English grant of legal immunity?
- What is a PC's Alt key traditionally called on a MacIntosh computer?
- What profession is shared by Joseph Stiglitz, Milton Friedman, Ken Galbraith, and Janet Yellen?
- What became known in the 1800s as 'the gay science': Biology; Cookery; Poetry; or Astrology?
- The Decembrists unsuccessfully attempted a revolt against the monarch of which country in 1825?
- Which global confectioner started its business in 1920 making 'gummibärchen'?
- The popular UK 2010s acronymic 'Towie' fashion/lifestyle derives from what?
- A satisfying, balanced and nutritious meal is said to be what shape?
- What is the correct representation of the burger chain brand: MacDonald's; McDonalds; MacDonalds'; or McDonald's?
- Monandry refers to having at any one time only one: Option; Job; Home; or Husband?
quizballs 276 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes