quizballs 274 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 274 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What word makes five new words when prefixed with: Form, Fume, Jury, Son, and Verse?
- What term, originally German, refers to the imprint in snow made when falling backwards: Fallenbach; Schnodent; Gappeneitz; or Sitzmark?
- Named onomatopoeically, a sistrum is an ancient Egyptian instrument of: Musical percussion; Torture; Water-dowsing; or Navigation?
- From Latin meaning 'stake', what is the hinged or pivoted catch preventing reverse motion of a ratchet wheel: Pawl; Stawl; Rawl; or Yawl?
- What traditional strong ceramic material is named ultimately from a pig?
- What does the Greek prefix 'iso' mean: Many; Long; Equal; or Two?
- How many curves characterize a Cupid's Bow: One; Two; Three; or Four?
- Superannuation is an alternative (and Australian/NZ) term for what sort financial payment scheme?
- The mythological Phoenix bird originally and essentially symbolized: Fire; Ashes/Remains; Flight; or Rebirth?
- What part of the human body contains bone-forms called Phalange, Cuneiform, Talus and Calcaneus?
- What legendary man-trapping creature is actually the world's the largest living bivalve mollusk?
- Musk, a common basic fragrance, takes its name from Sanskrit 'muska' meaning: Flower; Deer; Lemon; or Scrotum?
- The roadrunner (Geococcyx, or chaparral bird) is a member of which bird family: Loon; Cuckoo; Stork; Ostrich?
- What swirly pattern is named after the administrative central town of Renfrewshire in Scotland?
- What does the pencil grade HB stand for?
- What characteristic of Borneo ranks it among the largest five globally: Island; Mountain; Lake; or Population?
- The Malayalam language is from, and still used by over 30 million people in: China; Malaysia; India; or Australia?
- Copra is the dried white meat or flesh of what?
- What does the internet top level domain '.cat' represent?
- What term refers to a traditional alternative to electronic or digital technology, and separately to something which corresponds to another?
quizballs 274 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes