quizballs 272 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 272 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- The following words are each the suffix of which word in making five new words: Fat, Fly, Milk, Nut, and Scotch?
- In music the term descant (or discant) normally refers to a melody or instrument in what range: High; Low; Middle; or Varying?
- An oligarchy describes a leadership group comprising people who are: Few; Wealthy; Old; or New?
- What tool has a grind, spine, fuller and ricasso?
- Obsidian is a form of: Rock; Metal; Gas; or Liquid?
- Semiotics is the study of what?
- The 1950-60s French-developed 'Séquentiel couleur à mémoire' was the first format for what in Europe?
- The German surname Müller refers to what occupation?
- What shape is a sea urchin: Disc; Star; Sphere; or Horse?
- The human throat consists of which two main rhyming parts?
- What is the traditional English word best describing Gnocchi in Italian cuisine?
- What traditional 'comic book' expression of annoyance is an adapted contraction of the pre-1800s oath 'God rot'?
- The music genre 'Musique d'Ameublement' originated by Erik Satie in 1917 is commonly called '(What?) music' in English: Wallpaper; Furniture; Carpet; or Sofa?
- What common word in human body enhancement shares its root meaning with a word for the universe?
- Telltale, Mainsheet, Crosstree, Shroud and Forestay are parts of what?
- Which Spanish corporation bought the UK O2 phone corporation in 2005?
- What is a rock containing a mineral/element, and is also a sub-unit of Scandinavian currencies?
- The word 'disgust' derives from the Latin meaning of the human sense to: See; Hear; Touch; Taste; or Smell?
- Which famous old UK three-letter bank brand relaunched via divestment from Lloyds in Sep 2013?
- What is the common name of the lighter/fuel gas, formula C4H10?
quizballs 272 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes