quizballs 271 - general knowledge quiz - questions & answers
free general knowledge quiz questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs free quiz. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
Below are the quiz answers. Here are the quiz questions without answers.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 271 - free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Which trade is historically associated with Flamenco music and dance: Plumber; Blacksmith; Roofer; or Fisherman? Blacksmith
- Tony Abbott became leader of which country in 2013? Australia
- What is the trade-related pseudonym of the German-Finnish internet entrepreneur and founder of Megaupload, sought early 2000-2010s by US authorities in relation to filesharing and copyright charges? Kim Dotcom (real name Kim Schmitz)
- Architect Rafael Vinoly gained extra fame in 2010 and 2013 when two of his buildings caused reflected light to: Make rainbows; Block aviation signals; Attract insect swarms; or Melt cars? Melt cars
- In the modern early 2000s Barclays Bank logo which two letters are joined: BA; RC; LA; or YS? LA
- Which small north Sweden city famous for iron ore mining began a 20 year 'brick-by-brick' relocation to 2 miles away in 2004 due to fissures affecting its foundations? Kiruna
- Which European city failed in 2013 for the third time in succession to win its bid to host the Olympic Games: Lisbon; Berlin; Madrid; or Dublin? Madrid
- What three-letter word prefixes these words to create four new words: Lance; Rot, Snip; Son? Par
- What originally and literally is a margherita in the Italian language? Daisy (specifically ox-eye daisy - also spelled marguerita)
- Dassault, Embraer, Grob, and Sino Swearingen are makers of which high-end transport: Blimps; Executive jets; Commuter bicycles; or Snow-mobiles? Executive jets
- What resin is secreted by India's female Kerria lacca insect, used in old 78rpm records and a cosmetic nail treatment? Shellac
- The word 'pukka', referring to genuine/good quality, is from which language: Japanese; Hindustani; Finnish; or Hebrew? Hindustani
- Which corporation acquired Nokia in 2013? Microsoft
- A 'Passion Play' is a dramatic work about whose life? Jesus Christ (specifically life end)
- In language/text a 'tittle' commonly refers to what feature of a letter: Crossbar; Point; Dot; or Tail? Dot (a tittle is a small distinguishing feature such as a dot or diacritical mark - it's also one of the origins of the expression 'to a T', meaning 'exactly')
- Gemini Force One is a 21st century extension of what secretive organization: CIA; MI6; KGB; or Thunderbirds? Thunderbirds (conceived by TV 'supermarionation' creator/producer Gerry Anderson before his death in 2012, and announced as a sci-fi book series 2013)
- In which city are the 11sqkm Nazi party rally grounds and buildings which hosted Hitler's vast gatherings 1933-38? Nuremberg (or German, Nurnberg)
- The Gear is a 2013 smart-wristwatch product innovation of which corporation? Samsung
- In the early 2010s which country was judged to have the world's biggest oil reserves given the viability of the Orinoco River Belt heavy crude deposits? Venezuela
- What are the generally accepted five main tastes of the human tongue? Sweetness, Sourness, Saltiness, Bitterness, and Umami (or Savouryness/Savoryness).
quizballs 271 - free quiz questions only for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes