quizballs 270 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 270 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Coach, Hex cap, Lag, and Machine are types of what?
- A sous-chef is what sort of chef: Pastry; Trainee; Deputy; or Breakfast?
- In what modern country substantially were the Hittite people?
- A pipistrelle is a type of: Bat; Cat; Rat; or Gnat?
- What army rank (English/US/etc) equates to the naval Lieutenant Commander?
- Millefiore is a highly detailed and colourful decorative art of what material?
- What body-part and lubricant are a traditional metaphor for physical effort such as scrubbing and polishing?
- The site/name of which Napoleonic victory gave its name to a chicken/veal dish served with tomato, egg and crayfish?
- What word prefixes the following words to make five new words: Call, Kin, Nip, Suit, Walk?
- A season in which woodland trees produce extraordinarily big volumes of fruit/nuts/seeds is called a '(What?) Year': Most; Mist; Must; or Mast?
- What is the Japanese Abashiri brewery's beer, a portmanteau from its ingredients: Beat (meat); Begg (egg); Bilk (milk); or Bash (cannabis)?
- Campylobacter bacteria is commonly associated with: Tooth decay; Food poisoning; Tuberculosis; or Yoghurt?
- What 'First' was French (1792-1804), Austrian (1919-34), Portuguese (1910-26) and Roman c.508BC?
- What is the common name of the frottoir percusssion instrument (from Cajun French 'frotter', rub)?
- Named from Greek 'earth' what traditional anti-itching lotion is made from zinc oxide and tiny part of ferric oxide?
- Satellite is a computer notebook/tablet model brand of which corporation?
- Elisabeth Beresford devised what fancifully famous litter recycling franchise in 1968?
- In 2013 Birmingham UK opened Europe's biggest: Skating-rink; Zoo; Public library; or Doctor's surgery?
- Meccanica Verghera prefixes which famous motorcycle maker's name?
- The Cadbury Report of 1992 established the first major code for what regulatory aspect of business/economics?
quizballs 270 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes