quizballs 268 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 268 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What ancient Greek design, a line doubling back forming square shapes, and term meaning 'wander', took its name from the Maiandros river?
- What/who was Yahweh, (expanded from Hebrew YHWH), in the ancient kingdoms of Israel and Judah: Sea; Sun; God; or Bread?
- What medieval architectural feature was typically designed to the disadvantage of right-handed swordsmen?
- What nowadays eponymous popular reference book was originally titled 'Anatomy: Descriptive and Surgical'?
- What is the traditional flavour/flavor additive in cream soda?
- The Continental Divide, also called the Great Divide, refers chiefly to the peaks of which mountain range?
- Pinhole, Ring, Miles, Porta and Dolman are similar tests to determine right/left dominance in what?
- In technical definition, what does a stage musical have that an operetta generally does not: Dancing; Orchestra; Scenery; or A Story?
- On which island is the popular Caribbean resort abbreviated to 'Mobay'?
- What highly symbolic term refers to a meteor typically defined as "a meteor brighter than any of the planets"?
- Chintu, Chutti, Maa Junior, Kushi and Pogo are Indian what for children?
- Arnova, made by the French corporation Archos, is an 'entry level' brand of what: Musical instruments; Ski equipment; Tablet computers; or Kitchenware?
- What is the iconic and popular Amplemännchen, devised in East Germany c.1960, extending to unified Germany from 1990?
- Harold Pinter's famous 1957 play The Dumb Waiter is about two: Chefs; Waiters; Waitresses; or Hit-men?
- What dental term refers to the appearance of new teeth in the mouth: Eruption; Explosion; Revelation; or Outburst?
- What is the old common name for Hamamelis or Winterbloom and its extract, used for skin/bruises/acne treatment (and dowsing)?
- Which national tea brand, which uses its prior country name, is indicated by a sword-holding lion?
- The piano maker Steinway & Sons is considered joint nationality of which two countries?
- Who sat in the 'Loose Box' of Edward VII's coronation at Westminster Abbey, his: Family; Bodyguards; Mistresses; or Pets?
- The naming of 'The Ashes' England v Australia cricket trophy/series originally derives from what after their 1882 test match: Burnt stumps; Newspaper metaphor; Clubhouse fire; or Cremation of match umpire?
quizballs 268 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes