quizballs 265 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 265 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- An insect of the order Diptera is more commonly called a what?
- The Duke of Wellington's suggestion of "Sparrowhawks" to Queen Victoria was made in connection with the control of birds at which London building?
- The Fresnel lens (in which concentric steps maximise light focus and minimise lens weight), popular in the 1900s in vehicle lights, was first devised c.1820 for what application?
- Babel Fish is an icon/metaphor/brand for instantaneous what?
- What legal term refers to the increasing of guilt or seriousness of a crime due to attendant circumstances such as intent, use of a weapon, severity of injury, etc?
- Anaphylaxis is what sort of life-threatening illness: Allergic reaction; Virus; Heart attack; or Sexually transmitted disease?
- The words ephemera/ephemeral refer to things of a: Wild imagination; Vast scale; Tiny scale; or Brief duration?
- What is the fruit of the Phoenix genus of plants?
- Drudge Report, TMZ, Gawker and Perez Hilton are websites noted for: Sport; Environmental campaigning; Holiday bargains; or Exposing scandals?
- Name the payday loan company brand which the UK Church of England both denounced and funded in 2013?
- Which one of these refers to a summary rather than a verbatim quote? Abstract, Excerpt, Extract?
- What red fruit-juice-based drink whose name alludes to energy was first produced by John Noel Nichols in Manchester, 1908?
- What colour/color traditionally are the Smurf cartoon characters?
- Which car manufacturer produced the models Giulietta, Berlina, Brera and Spider?
- Which vastly shrunken, once ubiquitous brand urged users to 'Let your fingers do the walking'?
- What popular superhero is also the largest land-dwelling member of the Mustelidae (weasel) family?
- To whom is this quote famously misattributed: "If I'd asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." ?
- What gambling game takes its name from French for toad, supposedly from players' hunched positions?
- What vegetable's thinner lighter variant has an established alternative name 'Tenderstem'?
- What chord is said punningly to be produced when dropping a piano down a mine-shaft?
quizballs 265 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes