quizballs 264 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 264 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What piece initially occupies H8 on a conventional chessboard diagram?
- What was Italian scientist Aloysius Lilius' globally significant chronological creation of 1582: Pocket Watch; Pocket Diary; Gregorian Calendar; or Sundial?
- The bay leaf plant originated what term of glory or repute?
- The term Hibernian refers to which nation: England; Scotland; Ireland; or Wales?
- The Latin 'cochleare majus' was the common 1700s term for what kitchen/chemist measurement?
- The South American tradename 'chiclero' refers to a worker who collects the raw material for which hugely popular confectionery product?
- US poet Henry Longfellow's epic 1855 poem 'The Song of (Who?)' also popularized which famous fictional Native American Indian woman, the central character's lover (two answers required)?
- The Patrouille de France is the national: Wine; Sandwich; Mountain; or Aerial Display Team?
- The bird group Merops Apiaster is more commonly named after what creature that it eats?
- The construction term 'soffit' refers to what aspect of an arch or overhang: Shadow; Angle; Underside; or Base?
- What old English four-letter word, in use today, means 'to avoid the risk of'?
- Which living things have phloem and xylem: Birds; Plants; Fish; or People?
- Spell the vegetable: Broccoli; Brocoli; Broccolli; or Brocolli?
- The Mitsubishi name means literally what in Japanese, as in its logo?
- What reptilian nickname is given to the lowest score in double-dice gambling, said by the superstitious to represent bad luck or treachery?
- What US term is a cocktail of spirit and fizzy mixer/water and ice, and slang verb for travel fast?
- In music what is the relative major chord of F#m (F sharp minor)?
- The mentha plant genus is more commonly called what?
- What anciently devised method of moving a liquid with minimal effort up and then down makes use of hydrostatic and atmospheric pressures and gravity?
- The early 2000s brands Heat, Fantasy, Pink Friday, Fame, and Lovely, are examples of celebrity product diversification into: Perfumes; Nightclubs; Diets; or Underwear?
quizballs 264 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes