quizballs 263 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 263 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- The Italian bread ciabatta is named literally (actually) after what footwear?
- The technical term abecedarian refers to what form of organization?
- What poker expression is a bold empty bluff or bad hand, and generally a brazen deceit: Ace High; Trump; Four Flush; or Five-Card-Trick?
- Name the famous maker of soy sauce whose logo/name represent '10,000 tortoises'?
- The massively popular Chinese website Taobao.com (10th busiest globally at 2013) operates in which sector: Dating; C2C shopping; Sport; News?
- Which one of these is not among the four main human blood groups: A, B, AB, AO, O?
- The verb word 'proscribe' means to: Allow; Outline; Forbid; or Praise?
- What mountain range makes moist winds rise and precipitate causing the monsoon of SW Asia?
- The word Tet in the Tet Offensive (N Vietnam/Viet Cong against S Vietnam/US forces on 30 Jan 1968) referred to the national: Capital City; Religion; Leader; or New Year?
- The lollipop brandname Chupa Chups is based on the Spanish verb to what? (the fascinating supplementary question, featured in Quizballs 96 is: Who designed the Chupa Chups logo?...)
- What does the 'tele' in television, telescope, telephone, etc., mean originally in Greek?
- A natural bee honeycomb is made of what material?
- In physics which two of these are the basic characteristics of a vector quantity: Immobility, Magnitude, Weight, Direction?
- What geographical feature refers metaphorically to a turning point in history, or a division between two periods?
- What is the famous weaponry invention of Israeli army officer Uziel Gal (1923-2002)?
- Which corporation developed the Encarta encyclopedia?
- The traditional abbreviation AB for a seaman actually means what?
- The biological term 'postorbital' refers to behind the: Eye; Heart; Brain; or Kneecap?
- Which traditional southern US drink is strongly associated with the Kentucky Derby?
- What prefix word joins with hearted, house, ship and year to produce four other words?
quizballs 263 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes