quizballs 261 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 261 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What is the main ingredient of the modern breakfast food and energy bar called granola: Rice; Potato; Oats; or Coconut?
- As at 2013 what country boasted the four most profitable banks in the world?
- What term refers to the off-putting banter directed by bowlers/fielders to opposing batsmen on a cricket pitch?
- London's aptly renamed 42-floor 'Tower 42' has a footprint equating to the triangulated-chevrons logo of which original owner?
- The rights to which famous character were sold by creators Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster to Detective Comics for $130 in 1937?
- The Bugatti car logo features which reversed capital letter in a ligature with B, standing for the founder (Bugatti's) first name?
- What work-related term popularly refers to loan companies which offer short-term unsecured personal loans at high interest rates?
- The term forensic refers to investigative technologies and sciences in relation to: Law and crime; Dead things; Tiny details; or Laboratories?
- What is the traditional tradename for a person who works high up on church spires and chimneys?
- The 'morna' is the national music and dance style of which central Atlantic archipelago island nation?
- A cittern is a: Carpentry tool; Musical instrument; Bird; or Five-wheeled cycle?
- What number features most prevalently internationally in toll-free or 'freefone' telephony: 600; 700; 800; or 900?
- Name the CIA employee who famously became a whistleblower in 2013, revealing details of US/UK mass public surveillance?
- Botija, udu, and ghatam are types of: Musical instruments; Rice; Vehicles; or Prayers?
- E20 and SW19 are codes famously associated with: Food; Sport; Aviation; or Cosmetics?
- What Indian Hindi-Urdu-derived word, orginally a place of assembly, refers in English to a multi-event equestrian contest, and in India to various sporting facilities?
- The Renaissance (from French, 're-birth') was a European cultural movement spanning which centuries: 4-7th; 7-10th; 14-17th; or 15-18th?
- US composer/artist John Cage's most famous and controversial 1952 work, called 4'33", requires the musician(s) to play for its entire three-movement 4mins 33secs duration: The same note; As many notes as possible; At maximum volume; or Nothing?
- The straight-legged high-kicking march used by many military forces, especially ceremonially, is popularly called the what?
- According to legend, the Gordian Knot, cut by Alexander the Great, tethered a what?
quizballs 261 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes