This webpage is a new format for mobile/small screens. Please send your feedback if it fails to operate well. Thanks.
quizballs 260 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
quizballs 260 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What does the 'D' in the comic book corporation 'DC Comics Inc.' originally stand for?
- What unusual shape might a rainbow adopt when seen from a plane flying above the clouds: Ring; Triangle; Square; Straight line?
- Which one of these is not (at 2013) among the top ten currencies traded globally: US Dollar, Swiss Franc, Japanese Yen, Australian Dollar, or Russian Ruble?
- In which country is the most remote (farthest away) place from any sea or ocean?
- Which bit of Napoleon Boneparte was famously claimed to have been acquired in the late 1900s for several thousand dollars by US medical scientist and war paraphernalia collector John Lattimer: Little finger; Big toe; Glass-Eye; or Penis?
- The biological mating theory that males seek novelty and females seek familiarity is known as the '(What US President?) Effect': Kennedy; Coolidge; Clinton; or Bush?
- What joint in the body leverages the fastest human motion: Hip; Knee; Shoulder; or Wrist?
- Name the Australian Prime Ministers who replaced each other in 2010 and in 2013?
- The 'naut' in the words 'astronaut' and 'aeronaut' meant originally what?
- Name the vast South Korean conglomerate including car-maker which went bankrupt in 1999?
- What famously large and successful partnership uses motto: 'Never knowingly undersold'?
- What iconic genus of fish (technical name Hippocampus) is considered the slowest swimming of all fish, whose dwarf species achieves no more than about 1.5metres per hour?
- Graminoids are more commonly known as what plant form?
- What trade uses a pattress or pattress box: Carpenter; Electrician; Bricklayer; or Roofer?
- The recently banned (considered non-pc) official 200 year-old Royal Naval toast to "Our wives and sweethearts.." is traditionally extended: "NORWICH"; "We'll meet again"; "Meet me in St Louis"; or "May they never meet"?
- In 2013 the (UK) Girl Guides and Boy Scouts Associations said they would no longer demand an oath of duty to what: Parents; Country; Animals; or God?
- What is the Intel Corporation's famous and strangely apple-related processor brandname?
- In June 2013 US Senator Wendy Davis filibustered for 10 hours to obstruct Texas state laws concerning: GM Crops; Abortion; Guns; or Gay Marriage?
- (At 2013) the 230m high Heron Tower is the tallest skyscraper of which historical financial city centre district?
- Ingvar Kamprad founded what famous modern-day organization?
quizballs 260 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes