quizballs 259 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 259 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- The base of Pimm's No1 Cup liqueur is: Vodka; Gin; Brandy; or Rum?
- Pales, Fesses, Canton, and Saltire are types of designs of what?
- Carborundum and Corundum are compounds/minerals traditionally used in: Cooking; Abrasives; Fuels; or Beekeeping?
- Langlauf (literally 'long-term' in German) refers to an endurance form of which sport?
- Pavilion, girdle, table, and culet are aspects of a what?
- What is the traditional trade surname for a person who made or sold (typically knitted) legwear and socks?
- When joining two pieces of any given metal, put these methods in order of highest to lowest temperature: Soldering - Brazing - Welding?
- Quark, clabber, twaróg, and viili are international variations of a food made from: Milk; Honey; Cabbage; or Lentils?
- The musical notation symbols for the treble and bass clefs represent respectively which two letters?
- What term for a structure in maths, science and human organization is from Latin 'breeding woman'?
- What creature features in the coat of arms of Iraq: Lion; Dragon; Horse; or Eagle?
- The beef cut called brisket comes from where on the animal: Back; Chest; Leg; or Neck?
- What technical process term refers in food preparation to the softening of solids by soaking, and in organic waste handling to the chopping of solids in liquids to form a slurry?
- The verb word stymie, meaning to obstruct something, originally referred to a now obsolete rule in which sport?
- What popular tourist destination was reported in 2008 to have the most high-rise buildings per capita: New York City; Hong Kong; London; or Benidorm?
- Which famous current Nestlé confectionery brandname, established 1936, was named after J M Barrie's popular London stage comedy, originally unsuccessfully launched on Broadway in 1901?
- In 1908 psychologist Alfred Adler cited which leader in proposing an inferiority complex in short people, which became known as the ('What leader?) Syndrome'?
- What is the South African style of dried meat named originally in Dutch meaning 'rump strip'?
- Cadence in music and language technically and originally referred to rhythmic or tonal effect associated with a: Surprise; Beginning; End; or Silence?
- Nephrite, Ca2(Mg, Fe)5Si8O22(OH)2, is one of two minerals more commonly known as what anciently treasured green gemstone, and once considered China's 'imperial gem'?
quizballs 259 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2013. Quizballs 2004-2013.