This webpage is a new format for mobile/small screens. Please send your feedback if it fails to operate well. Thanks.
quizballs 258 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
quizballs 258 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- A ewer is a large: Knife; Spoon; Fork; or Jug?
- What note is produced at the twelfth fret of the top (highest pitched) string on a conventionally tuned guitar: E; G; A or Bb?
- What intangible communication aid did Dr Ludwig Zamenhof create c.1880, 'to foster harmony between people of different nations'?
- Static electricity is fundamentally produced by: Magnetism; Humidity; Friction; or Heat?
- (Meaning continuing unpleasantly), spell the word: Insessant; Inscesant; Incescant; or Incessant?
- What plant, named Olea europaea, is an ancient widely used metaphor for peace?
- Which country, the world's fifth-largest, is named after its first export?
- The Bagua (meaning 'eight symbols') is a symbolic/diagrammatic system in which belief: Taoism; Catholicism; Hinduism; or Islam?
- Which country's name, existing 1929-2003, meant 'South Slavs'?
- The human brain's frontal lobe, chiefly processing cognitive functions relating to reward, attention, short-term memory tasks, planning, motivation, etc., is fully mature at (very) approximately what age: Five; Ten; Fifteen; or Thirty?
- Muscovite, used in electrical capacitors, is a processed form of what geological mineral?
- What French word, for 'little bed', refers to a railcar adaptable for sleeping?
- In Indian cuisine, the term pakora refers to what aspect of meat/vegetable cooking: Deep-fried in batter; Griddle; Clay oven; or Kebab?
- Which nation's 'national anthem' is known as 'Qaumi Tarana' and alternatively 'Pak Sarzamin' (sacred land)?
- A sarcophagus traditionally contains a: Telescope; Compass; Corpse; or Fine brandy?
- What popular Australian bird is named after an ancient stringed instrument?
- What Olympic event entails disqualification if both feet of a competitor are seen to be off the ground at the same time?
- In 17th century England what were Happy, Useless, Addled, Short, Long, Rump and Barebones?
- Where is the Barbary Coast: Mexico; Spain and Portugal; India; or North Africa?
- The common vocal sound produced by blocking exhaled airflow (when voicing a vowel) by suddenly closing the vocal tract is called a '(what?) stop'?
quizballs 258 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes