quizballs 257 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 257 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What highly influential movement of artwork is considered established by Picasso, Braque, Metzinger and others in Paris, 1911?
- Nuclear 'What?' and 'What?' refer respectively to splitting an atom and joining two atoms (two answers required)?
- The UK-based ASOS corporation is a leading international online provider in which sector: Education; Fashionwear; Holidays; or Mapping?
- In which modern nation was the city-state called in Hebrew: Babel?
- Apples, plums, cherries, apricots, raspberries and strawberries all belong to which plant family: Honeysuckle; Lily; Magnolia; or Rose?
- D'addario, Elixir, Rotosound and Ernie Ball are leading makers of what musical accessory?
- The terms crutching, wigging and ringing refer to elements of which animal process, prevalent in Australia and New Zealand?
- The term 'mondegreen' refers to: Gardening; Climate change; Cooking; or Misheard lyrics?
- The AZERTY keyboard layout is standard in: France; Germany; Denmark; or Wales?
- The expression 'sour grapes', from one of Aesop's Fables, involves which creature?
- From what fruit is perry traditionally made?
- The term 'cytoplasm' originated in: Star Wars; Dr Who; Batman; or Biology?
- What creatures were trained by Croatia's Zagreb university in 2013 to detect landmines: Pigs; Bees; Cats; Rats, or Bats?
- In motion-detection and automated lighting sensors what does PIR mean?
- What metaphor aptly refers to the marketing of US multinational US corporation Bausch and Lomb: Focus; Target; Concentrate; or Penetrate?
- The Japanese food word sushi referred originally to: Raw; Rice; Cold; or Conveyor-belt?
- The words vagary/vagaries refer specifically to unpredictable: Vagueness; Change/changes; Unhappiness; or Problems?
- The diacritical mark resembling a wavy hyphen (here shown above the letter ñ) is called a: Streg; Bolle; Tilde; or Cedilla?
- What is the hardest working muscle (i.e., total power output) in the lifetime of the human body?
- What homonymic word refers both to a pit and a hunted animal?
quizballs 257 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2013. Quizballs 2004-2014.