quizballs 255 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 255 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- A radionuclide is a radioactive: Mineral; Gas; Isotope; or Electron?
- Which animal provided the etymological and scientific derivation of a 'vaccine'?
- What name is given to a puzzle or word construction which hides a word within single letters of other words: Metapuzzle; Acrostic; Tangram; or Anagram?
- Proposed by German physician Johann Becher in 1667, the now obsolete 'Phlogiston theory' explained what phenomenon?
- ASCII (referring to computer language) means what in full?
- Popularized by a 2007 US comedy film what item prefixes a list of things to do before dying?
- What highly durable footwear is used to name a species of bat and crab, alluding respectively to nose and body shapes?
- The 3D geometric shape called a torus is illustrated by what sort of cake: Cupcake; Battenberg; Swiss roll; or Ring doughnut?
- A traditional light-bulb containing a glowing filament is technically called what, from the Latin 'glow white'?
- Approximately how many years old is the living part of Australia's Great Barrier Reef: 200; 2,000; 20,000; or 2 million?
- Eurhythmics is an educational approach for teaching what via what (two answers required)?
- What colour/color flag was historically first displayed to indicate sickness aboard a ship?
- Central to Norse mythology, Yggdrasil is a huge what, connected to the cosmos: Tree; Rainbow; Mountain; or Ladder?
- The Indian currency the Rupee takes its name from Hindi and Sanskrit, 'wrought (what metal)'?
- The significant 18th century Swiss mathematician Leonhard Euler (1707-83) is noted for solving the 'Seven (What?) of Königsberg problem': Churches; Bridges; Towers; or Arches?
- What pluralized term refers to a building's roof edge adjoining its wall, usually designed to prevent rainwater ingress?
- The green gemstone peridot is known in its mineral form by what edible coloured/colored name?
- What term for a fungal mold derives from an old mistaken idea that it distilled from the air?
- What air mattress genericized trademark is a portmanteau of its two-word description?
- Name the four performance industries to which these awards respectively apply: 1. Emmy, 2. Grammy, 3. Academy (Oscar), 4. Tony?
quizballs 255 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes