quizballs 252 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
quizballs 252 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Bob, bowl, bun, chignon, and tonsure are types of what?
- What word appears before tilt, flood, face, house, and length, to produce five different terms?
- The French-English word 'torchon' refers to what French-style household item: Fondue cooker; Candle-stick; Table-lamp; or Tea-towel?
- Swede Carl Linnaeus, 1707-78, considered the father of taxonomy of living things, is the lectotype (example specimen) for which species?
- Clio, typically holding a scroll, is the ancient Greek muse of: History; Poetry; Tragedy; or Comedy?
- Which one of these factors enables the superheating of water to more than 100oC: The heat source exceeds 1500oC; Being on top of a mountain; Being in outer space; or The receptacle inner surface is extremely smooth?
- Which two of these have an internationally defined height: 55 gallon drum (44 British/Commonwealth gallons); Skyscraper; Mountain; or Basketball hoop?
- What, resembling a tomato and pepper hybrid, is the edible fruit produced by Diospyros trees, source of ebony wood?
- What physics term, a metaphor for meaningfulness, is the tendency of something to oscillate (with greater amplitude at some frequencies than at others)?
- The moral code, 'Treat others as you like to be treated', is known as the 'Ethic of (What)' - a principle of exchange for mutual effect/benefit, and word used variously in science and mathematics?
- The pseudo-Latin expression 'hax pax max Deus adimax' used in conjuring from the 1600s developed into what modern term referring to 'kidology' or nonsensical explanation?
- What descriptively prefixes a species of bear, cobra, and caiman (like an alligator), referring to something worn by some people?
- Who famously became leader of the vast and powerful US Teamsters trade union in 1957, imprisoned in 1967, missing in 1975, and declared dead in 1982?
- What river in SW Europe rises in the Swiss Alps and flows over 500 miles through Lake Geneva, Lyons, to the Mediterranean west of Marseilles?
- The German 'Dosenwerfen', the French 'Chamboule-tout', and the British 'Aunt Sally' are: Puddings; Games; Knitting-styles; or Weapons?
- The Amazon website logo includes what, in addition to the word?
- Casement, awning, and hopper refer to different types of opening what?
- Government legislation (EU, US, British 'Commonwealth' nations) is typically introduced via two 'paper' documents for discussion/explanation, respectively: Pink/White; White/Blue; Green/White; or White/Green?
- The 'bacronym' (a reverse acronym) 'Query Newlyn Harbour' is used as a mnemonic in what field: Aviation; Theatre; Sailing; or Civil Engineering?
- In computing and file-sharing what does P2P stand for?
quizballs 252 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes