quizballs 251 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 251 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Ashtanga Vinyasa, Bikram, and Hatha Vidya are styles of what?
- The American 1893 Nix v Hedden court case determined (and still), for US customs taxation purposes, based on conventional usage, what to be a vegetable and not a fruit?
- In music theory what is the relative minor chord of C major?
- Traditionally made of paper over a wooden frame what is a Japanese 'shoji'?
- What financial term, especially referring to state/government revenues, derives from Roman/Latin meaning a rush basket or purse?
- What ominously named plant family includes potatoes, chili peppers and tobacco, and its particularly toxic eponym?
- What pop-culture slang expression of impressiveness derives from the military term 'Standard Regimental Concentration' for a focused heavy bombardment?
- What popular computing term, originally prefixed 'magic-' and referring to a data packet sent and received unchanged by a computer program, lost its prefix when introduced to web terminology in 1994?
- What word prefixes business, room, case, and down to produce four other words?
- What was salvaged from HMS Lutine after it sank in 1799 and is still used on the main underwriting floor at Lloyd's of London? Compass; Captain's desk; Bell; or Globe?
- The ancient Roman silver coin called fully/originally 'denarius nummus' meant and equated to a 'Coin containing [worth] ten (what?)': Asses; Camels; Slaves; or Loaves?
- The French-English word billet-doux refers to a: Price tag; Parking ticket/fine; Return fare; or Love letter?
- The standard international maritime/aeronautical term 'SOB' for the number of people aboard a ship a plane means what in full?
- In media 'small ads' what do the similar abbreviations ONO and OBO mean?
- What interesting old English word refers typically to a person's pale complexion but in origin and other contexts may also mean dark?
- What is the more common name for synchronous diaphragmatic flutter (SDF)?
- France has had eighteen King (who?):
- What time-related term was given to the American Patriot 'rapid response' militia forces assembled before and active during the American Revolutionary War of 1775-83?
- What is a temporary doctor or dentist or other professional stand-in, from Latin 'place holding'?
- What virtual digital currency, divided into 100 million units called satoshis, was created by the pseudonymous developer Satoshi Nakamoto?
quizballs 251 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes