quizballs 250 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 250 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What creature is a slang word in French for a newspaper: Canard; Chien; Chat; or Cheval?
- What are named after English Dr John Braxton Hicks (1823-97): Dental braces; Hiccups/hiccoughs; Cough sweets; or Contractions in pregnancy?
- The Destroying Angel is a fatally dangerous: Spider; Mushroom/Toadstool; Fish; or Karate blow?
- Provenance, originally relating to an artwork, now extending widely to other created or collectible works, refers specifically to: Value; History; Rarity; or Popularity?
- What is the common technical term for the contractive skin of a liquid which resists external force?
- What nationality (according to modern geography) was Christopher Columbus?
- The French word 'derailleur' is also used in English referring to a mechanism on what sort of machine?
- Technically what must be specified in order for a given speed to be termed a velocity?
- The German Bavarian occupational name Hitler (originally Hüttler) referred to a builder of: Boats; Churches; Bicycles; or Huts?
- What technical financial term, from Latin meaning 'it shall be', and also a major automotive brand, refers to official money/currency of a nation?
- What word follows either 'stone' or 'Chinese' in referring to deliberate obstruction?
- What is commonly said in Germany to a person who has just sneezed?
- What war produced the most fatalities?
- Screeno, Keno, and Housey-Housey are name variations of what more commonly known gambling game?
- What are pince-nez?
- What is an unrealistically optimistic person, after the title-character of Eleanor Porter's famous 1913 novel?
- What sweet creamy alcoholic drink is named because lawyers/barristers were said to enjoy it?
- With the headline 'Simply the Best' who at 73 became Vogue's oldest front cover model (April 2013 German edition)?
- What is the common name for the electrically excitable cells of the brain which process data via electrical and chemical signals?
- The old British slang to 'shop' someone, meaning to betray someone, or inform an authority of someone's wrong-doing, derives from 'shop' meaning: Reward; Witness; Prison; or Bible?
quizballs 250 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes