quizballs 248 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 248 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- How long (kilometres/miles) was the Berlin Wall: 4/2½; 8/5; 28/17½; or 140/87?
- Where in the human body are glial cells?
- Name the smartphone app devised by a London teenager bought by Yahoo for reportedly £18m in 2013?
- What reductive metaphor refers to a percentage subtraction from the market value of an asset, which became a description for the EU-imposed tax on Cyprus bank deposits in 2013: Trim; Shave; Crop; or Haircut?
- Which US corporation sold its personal computer business including Thinkpad brand to the world-leading Chinese manufactuer Lenovo in 2005?
- Opprobrium refers to a deep form of: Wisdom; Respect; Criticism; or Denial?
- What Caribbean dance shares its name with a religious concept of somewhere between heaven and hell?
- Orogeny refers to the process by which what are created: Quicksands; Wormcasts; Molehills; or Mountains?
- What medical/industrial sterilization equipment is named from the meaning 'self-fastening'?
- If you were a mounted soldier in medieval times what would two men called Sperrin and Homer each make for you (two answers required - the words sound a little like what they refer to)?
- What term refers to an edge-strike in both drumming and basketball?
- What item of apparel metaphorically (with colour prefix, usually black or white) refers informally to an internet hacker: Hat; Coat; Cape; or Cap?
- What fruit is a metaphorical business term for a sub-standard product, especially a faulty car: Lemon; Berry; Plum; or Banana?
- What is the project/brand name for Google's computerized spectacles: Lens; Glass; Spec; or 4i?
- Cosa Nostra refers to what organization: Catholicism; Ferrari; Guggi; or The Mafia?
- Founded as Thames Ironworks FC in 1895, which football club (later renamed) will occupy the London Olympic Stadium from 2016 (a clue is in club nickname and badge)?
- Which famous smoker is associated with the expression 'three pipe problem'?
- In 1998 who was the first 'First Lady' to appear on the cover of Vogue?
- The unrecognized state of Biafra existed from 1967-1970 in the south-east of which country?
- Which long-standing anthropomorphic ursine creature did Dennis the Menace replace on the Beano comic's front cover in 1974?
quizballs 248 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes