quizballs 245 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
quizballs 245 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What uniquely specialized profession traditionally uses a Piscatory Ring?
- In which human sensory organ is Bruch's membrane?
- The French-English word 'tronc' refers to what, shared by a number of people: Bicycles; Staff tips/gratuities; Guns; or Parenting duties?
- A 2012-13 UK Competition Commission found basic failings of innovation, quality and integrity among the four globally dominant providers of what B2B service: Auditing; Banking; Insurance; or Real Estate/Property?
- Which country is famous for its Blue Lagoon hot springs bathing lake?
- What does HALO stand for in military/paratrooper terminology?
- Bort or boart refers to waste/inferior what, used for industrial purposes?
- The term phylum generally refers to a classification of: Living things; Medicine; Facial expressions; or Photography?
- What 2nd World War US pilot's alliterative expression for an unidentified flying object, from the 'Smoky Stover' cartoon strip, inspired the name of a rock band?
- What was the first element discovered in space (actually at the Sun)?
- What smartphone operating system increased its market share from 4% in 2009 to 70% in 2013?
- Devised in 1920 from Russian research into proximity sensing, what eponymous musical instrument is controlled by the player's proximity to it?
- The famously gruelling c.1,100mile (1,800km) Iditarod Trial Dog Sled Race is run annually each March where: North/South Poles; Chile; Finland; or Alaska?
- A gimlet tool is traditionally shaped like the letter: T; S; V; or D?
- The prefix 'neo' (neocon, Neolithic, neo-Nazi, neonatal, etc) means: New; Old; Nearly; or Extreme?
- The word psalm derives from meaning a song sung to what instrument: Guitar; Harp; Piano; or Organ?
- Przewalski's (what?) is the once extinct (in the wild, Mongolia) now reintroduced and only true wild: Horse; Cow; Pig; or Turkey?
- Hydromel is a very old alcoholic drink made with fermented what?
- In economics the Lorenz Curve is a graphical representation of typically: Wealth distribution/inequality; Inflation; Gold price; or Pet ownership?
- The flammable intoxicating compound Hydroxyethane (C2H6O) is better known as what chemical?
quizballs 245 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes