This webpage is a new format for mobile/small screens. Please send your feedback if it fails to operate well. Thanks.
quizballs 244 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
quizballs 244 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Weibo is a what in China: Thunderstorm; Microblog; Toy; or Political Party?
- What popular food comes from the Oryza sativa and Oryza glaberrima plants?
- A 'sinkhole' is a collapse of the ground into a void below caused by: Water; Volcano; Earthquake; or Tunnelling creatures?
- Poached eggs on muffins with hollandaise sauce, and ham or bacon are popularly called 'eggs (What?)'?
- What metaphorical torture chamber reference derives from George Orwell's 1949 book Nineteen Eighty-Four?
- Matriculate means: Become registered; Calculate; Balance; or Make complicated?
- Tritium is a radioactive isotope of: Iron; Lead; Hydrogen; or Cheese?
- Name the vast global accountancy firm which effectively ceased after criminal involvement in the 2001 Enron corporate fraud?
- What word was originally a sudden sound, later a flashing point on a radar screen, evolving in the 1970s to mean a trend deviation?
- Whose famous old Brown Ale (still made) was first brewed in Whitechapel, London, in 1902: Fuller's; Young's; Charrington's; or Mann's?
- In ancient Greek mythology and many later depictions, who was Psyche's lover and partner?
- Name the illness caused by a reaction to gliadin, a gluten protein in wheat, barley, rye, etc?
- The word bide means: Stay; Measure; Use; or Protect?
- On traditional British silverware what does EPNS stand for?
- The Innocent smoothie drinks business was wholly acquired by which more famous drinks corporation in 2013?
- Named Wallyn and Thych, what were 7ft 2ins and 5ft 6ins in London news reports on 4 Mar 2013: Eels caught in the Thames; Meteor craters in Hyde Park; Twin baby elephants born at London Zoo; or The Queen's two police guards outside King Edward VII hospital?
- St Elmo's Fire originally referred to: A fierce sermon; Atmospheric ionization; The Sun; or A medieval catapult?
- The handtool which may be struck or bowed as a musical instrument is a 'singing (what)'?
- What word technically refers to a micro-organism which produces benefits for a host organism (for example human consumption of certain yogurts)?
- In physics which one of these is not one of the four fundamental states of matter: Solid, Liquid, Plasma, Light, or Gas?
quizballs 244 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes