quizballs 243 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 243 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- The hairstyling device used in creating a bun is commonly called a: Donut; Cake; Pudding; or Pizza?
- Which organization launched the Firefox smartphone operating system in 2013, targeting the developing world?
- What word features in most sciences and elsewhere technically referring, like its Latin origin, to a 'flow'?
- Charlotte, TJ's, Adelphi, Barfly; Joiners, and Forum are/were names in what UK market sector: Fashion; Lifestyle media; Perfume; or Music?
- A 'rum baba' is a: Shaved head; Cake; Judo throw; or Fijian canoe?
- What political speech/campaign term derives from the tradition of cutting down a tree to make a platform for the speaker?
- The volume of (soccer) football (regulation adult 70cm circumference) is approximately how many litres: 2.5; 3.7; 4.6; or 5.8?
- A safe reliable business agreement or position is said to be (what?)-bottomed: Gold; Copper; Brass; or Lead?
- Béchamel, Espagnole, Velouté, Hollandaise, Tomate are the five 'mother (what?)' of classical French cuisine?
- Andersen Consulting was renamed (2001) and became which vast global B2B corporation?
- In chemistry and physics the tendency of a substance to vaporize is termed: Volatility; Pressure; Density; or Potential Energy?
- The Italian fashion name Prada refers to: The founder; The founder's hometown; 'Proud'; or 'Handbag'?
- What caused a 34 minute suspension of play in the 2013 Superbowl: Fire; Fog; Serious injury; or Power-cut?
- Founded in 1827 by Karl Baedeker and run by his family until 1984, the eponymous German company is famous for: Meat products; Travel guides; Sports equipment; or Fashion wear?
- Name the social influence theory defined/popularized by US professor of economics/behavioral science Richard Thaler in his 2008 book: "(What?) - Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness" ?
- Apterous means: Appropriate; Capable; Wingless; or April-flowering?
- Baniku (Japan), Rosswurst (Germany), and Gustafskorv (Sweden) are foods made from what?
- The 1960s abbreviations 'STD' and 'DDD' referred (UK and US respectively) to what aspects of telephone dialling: Long-distance and Direct; Local and Free; Emergency and Free; or Push-button and Digital?
- Nits, Blondels, Skots, Lamberts, and Footlamberts are measures of: Human intelligence; Sound; Rubber-band tension; or Luminance?
- The 'steg' in stegosaurus refers to its: Covering (of armoured plates); Slowness; Two-brains; or Stripes?
quizballs 243 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes