quizballs 241 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 241 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What Rome-founded fashion house and handbag specialist sponsored a 2m euro restoration of the Trevi Fountain in 2013?
- What famous line follows: "I think there be six Richmonds in the field. Five I have slain today, instead of him.."?
- Bardiche, Bill, Glaive, Halberd, and Voulge are types of: Weaponry; Architectural stone feature; Country dance; or Cake decoration?
- The geographical terms motu (Polynesia), skerry (Ireland, Scotland), holme (Scandinavia), and cay (tropical Pacific/Atlantic/Indian oceans) each refers to a small: Waterfall; Lake; Inlet; or Island?
- The word apostle is derived from Greek 'apostolos' meaning: Servant; Messenger; Friend; or Soldier?
- Scoliosis affects which part of the body: Eyes; Spine; Skin; or Brain?
- What did the Twitter bird logo lose when updated in 2012 from the original 2010 design: Crest and a wing feather; Eye; Tail feather; or Tweet-bubble?
- Italian Jacopo Peri (1561-1633) is regarded as the inventor of: Ice-cream; Pizza; Sparkling Water; or Opera?
- What is confit meat cooked and preserved in?
- What chocolate, biscuit and raisin confection, otherwise known as 'fridge cake', is named after an Indian-English word for a light snack?
- The Manganese Bronze company took over production of what famous vehicle from 1973-2012, first made in 1948?
- What is the extremely strong natural glucose-derived polymer of fungi cell walls, crustacean/insect exoskeletons, etc., also used in pharmacy and industry?
- What single iconic name is associated with a fried sandwich of peanut butter, banana and bacon?
- Ikebana, English Garden, and High Style are styles of what?
- What singing voice originally held the melody in choral music: Soprano; Alto; Tenor; or Bass?
- What sort of implement has a heel and toe and is characterized by variable features including kerf, gullet, fleam, rake, and points per inch?
- The technical euphemism for the insemination of a mare by a stallion is: Cover; Discover; Uncover; or Kiss?
- The term volte-face is alternatively informally called a: Dead-end; One-way street; Green light; or U-turn?
- White Burley, Y1, Perique, Brightleaf and Criollo are types of what?
- What is the female equivalent of the Oedipus complex in Jungian/Freudian psychosexual theory: Aphrodite; Athena; Electra; or Venus?
quizballs 241 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2013. Quizballs 2004-2014.