quizballs 240 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 240 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- The word nexus refers to a: Collection; Compression; Correction; or Connection?
- What does a philogynist like?
- The Italian word pizza originally referred to a: Pie; Pancake; Tomato; or Cheese?
- The name of what workwear was derived from the Dongri area in South Mumbai India?
- According to the Holy Bible (Luke 2:21) Jesus was circumcized: At birth; Eight days old; Age eight; or Never?
- What Greek-based word is the second most important character in a drama, behind the protagonist?
- Which pottery pioneer produced 'creamware' and 'jasperware' in the mid-late 1700s?
- The Mexican-Spanish spelling of Mexico includes what diacritical mark over the E: Circumflex; Umlaut; Accent acute; or Accent grave?
- The musical terms glissando and portamento refer to: Sliding from one note to another; Echo or reverberation; Tremolo or trill; or Shrill and piercing?
- What is a saury fish, a captain, and a South African long-sleeved shirt?
- The Roman settlement of Arausio in SE France later became what significantly named town and subsequent principality/emblem in Dutch, English, southern African and Irish history?
- The 1940-50s US 'amtrac' military beach landing/assault vehicle is a portmanteau term combining which two words?
- Conflate means: Clarify; Obscure; Inflame; or Combine?
- How many points are on Twitter's 2012-introduced tweeting flying bird logo (wings, tail and beak)?
- Pithy refers to communications, notably spoken words, which are: Concise and impactful; Extensive and vague; Soft and sensitive; or Acidic and hurtful?
- Which notable leader won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize?
- The Chicxulub crater is a prehistoric impact crater buried underneath the Yucatan Peninsula in what country?
- What Portuguese word for a frenzied homicidal Malay person entered English c.1600s referring especially to a 'running' rioting crowd?
- Andorra is a small principality located between which two countries?
- What eponymous 1969 theory blames organizations for promoting managers to levels at which they are incompetent?
quizballs 240 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2013. Quizballs 2004-2014.