quizballs 239 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 239 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- London's Savoy Hotel entrance roundabout provided the 25ft (8m) basis for a standard UK: Mini-roundabout; Black Cab turning-circle; Bus length; or Helipad?
- What ingredient causes a can of cola to sink in water, whereas a can of diet cola floats?
- (Before Jurassic Park) the word raptor technically refers to what sort of carnivorous creature: Lion; Dragon; Snake; or Bird?
- What slang word for a sailor derives from old Dutch meaning 'bed companion'?
- The Latin term 'per capita' means 'for... The entire population; Each person; Paying customers; or Registered voters?
- What Anglicized French word for a sort of clothing derives from meaning 'doing the washing'?
- Hircine refers to being like or related to what creature?
- Pandeiro is a popular example of what in Brazil: Percussion; Dance; Food; or Horse?
- The Republic of Upper Volta was renamed what (two-words) in 1984, meaning respectively 'men of integrity' and 'fatherland' in its two native languages?
- Who was in 1907 the youngest Nobel Literature Prizewinner, and later declined a knighthood and UK Poet Laurateship?
- Name the UK seaside town famous for jet stone, and whose St Mary's Church featured in Bram Stoker's Dracula?
- Where in the human body is the glottis?
- In physics, the elementary exchange particles ('gauge bosons') between quarks are called: Gluons; Addons; Stickons; or Clingons?
- The six soft alkali metals (lithium, sodium, potassium, rubidium, caesium, and francium) react with water to produce what gas?
- Roughly what is the distance in miles (or km) from the Earth's surface to its centre/center?: 300, 900; 4,000; or 12,000?
- In terms of actions, activities, projects, etc., the word hiatus means a: Conflict; Pause; Climax; or Crisis?
- The Shoemaker-Levy 9 Comet broke up and impacted where, in 1994, to huge astronomical and media interest: Jupiter; Mars; The Sun; or Mexico?
- What capital city is phonetically (sounds) the same as a traditional open-roofed Moroccan house and means 'the gardens/garden'?
- What is the only 'big cat' found wild in the Americas which roars?
- Peripatetic refers to work which involves: Teaching; Travel; Medicine; or Writing?
quizballs 239 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2013. Quizballs 2004-2014.