quizballs 238 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 238 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What is the modern-day name of the once colonial nation French Sudan?
- A burning truckload of 'brunost' - brown (what?) - caused a 5-day fire in a Norwegian road tunnel in Jan 2013: Diesel; Sugar; Bread; or Cheese?
- Beatrix became queen of which European nation in 1980?
- Established in 1961 what does the major international economies organization name OECD stand for?
- The name of which sort of entertainment derives from old French/Picard meaning 'wooden structure'/'little room'?
- The 1923 Great Kanto earthquake was until 2011 which nation's biggest?
- What name is typically given to torpedo shaped cars and bikes used in land-speed records, and also to bullet trains?
- Jumpy, Deafy, Dizzey, Hickey, Wheezy, Baldy, Gabby, Nifty, Sniffy, Swift, Lazy, Puffy, Stuffy, Tubby, Shorty and Burpy were shortlisted to be what in the early 1930s?
- The 'Mohorovicic discontinuity' (commonly 'Moho') is a boundary between: Weather systems; Earth layers; Chemical solutions; or Beer and froth?
- The statue of which pioneering Baptist cabinet-making travel agent stands outside Leicester UK railway station, his original tour starting point?
- Spell the word Sterilization; Sterylization; Sterilyzation; or Sterylyzation?
- In 2013 academics suggested what human feature evolved due to its benefits for prehistorical human life in water: Ear-wax; Eyelids; Greasy hair; or Wrinkly fingers and toes?
- (When discovered Jan 2013) the largest known structure in the universe - a large quasar group named 'Huge-LQG' - would take how many years to cross if travelling at the speed of light: 23; 400; 1 million; or 4 billion?
- The word éclat refers to a: Brilliant display; Cream cake; Victory; or King/Queen?
- Which global-reaching organization was revealed in 2013 to hold property investments exceeding £½bn derived from 'recognition' payments received in 1929 from Benito Mussolini?
- In medicine a macule refers to a: Headache; Bone-break; Heart-attack; or Spot of discoloured/discolored skin?
- Name the social news/entertainment website which saw massive growth and investment interest 2010-13: Whizbang; Buzzfeed; Humbug; or Boohiss?
- What are generally defined as 'the four big cats', and the only ones to roar (one point for three - bonus point for all four)?
- Which fish became subject to EU fishing quota arguments in 2013 due to its significant movement into Icelandic waters?
- What term, for a standard section of pre-used text or clause in a contract, or an existing pre-used section of standard code in computing, derives from industrial sheet metal fabrication and labelling?
quizballs 238 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2013. Quizballs 2004-2013.