quizballs 236 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 236 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- 'Il Duce' - subject of revivalist support in Italy in the 2000s - is better known by what name?
- What often controversial medical research/treatment term derives from the Latin 'I shall be pleasing'?
- What's the world's oldest amateur rowing club (now at Henley-on Thames, UK) named after the Greek mythological lover of the priestess Hero, who drowned swimming the Hellespont to visit her?
- Platter, j-bar, bum, button, and Poma are equivalent terms for what apparatus?
- The Métis are a substantial group of aboriginal people of which nation?
- What seabird is named from Norse 'stinking gull' because of vomiting when disturbed?
- What traditional item of apparel (silk, cotton, or paper), used by hand, is named after an old French word for a head covering?
- In the study of anthropods, name the 'Three Ps' considered natural controls/suppressors of insect plague?
- The word scrutiny derives (early 15th century) from Latin 'scruta', a 'mixed uncertain lot of (what?)': Trash/old things; Legal papers; Gold/jewels; or People?
- What was reported stolen from Microsoft's R&D offices in Silicone Valley in Dec 2012: MS Smartphones; MS Tablets; MS Code; or Apple iPads?
- Glock pistols are made by which country?
- Name the big inflatable sphere in which thrill-seeking people roll down hills and on water: Zorb; Zall; Borb; or Rolb?
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-Pancreatography (ERCP) is used in what field: Medicine; Geology; Engineering; or Archaeology?
- Spell the word: Catarrh; Catahrr; Catargh; or Catarrgh?
- The term 'chamois' (informally 'shammy'), soft leather for cleaning/wiping/gloves/etc, is named after, and originally made from what sort of creature: Pig/boar; Mountain goat/antelope; River eel; or Cow?
- What sort of fastener has a crown, legs and teeth?
- The historic (at 2012, three-branch-line) San Francisco cable car system comprises how many actual cables in total: Four; Forty; Four hundred; or Four thousand?
- What modern digital display term is an abbreviated portmanteau word from picture and element?
- What language was first to be represented in dictionaries and related language theory: Chinese; Latin; Hebrew; or Greek?
- Extraversion/introversion, Conscientiousness, Agreeableness, Neuroticism, and Openness to experience and are the 'Big Five' dimensions of what popular acronymically-named personality analysis theory?
quizballs 236 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2013. Quizballs 2004-2013.