quizballs 235 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 235 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- The organ called a gizzard in some birds, reptiles, and fish is a specialized: Stomach; Bladder; Liver; or Larynx?
- Antipasto (plural antipasti) refers to what part of an Italian lunch/dinner: Before the meal; After the meal; Pasta sauce; or Sparkling wine?
- The term 'ex libris' is traditionally found on a label-plate indicating ownership of a: Coat; Book; Dog; or Shotgun?
- What was the three-letter two-number prefix code in the full name of The Haçienda nightclub in Manchester UK?
- What two-colour/color pencil is traditionally used by editors of written/text copy (word-based material for publication)?
- The terms 'disbudding' and 'polled' refer to the removal/absence of what on livestock?
- Spell the word: Irepairable; Irreparable; Irrepairable; Irreperable (meaning cannot be fixed)?
- The traditional proofreading mark of a wavy line beneath a passage of text gives instruction to change it to: Italic; Bold; Capitals; or Highlighted?
- The crossword clue '1= Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich' gave rise to what common puzzle format?
- Roman official Appius Claudius 'the blind' Caecus, c.340-273BC, responsible for Via Appia, the first modern road, famously coined what phrase (in Latin 'Quisque faber suae fortunae'): Diligence is the mother of good fortune; Every man is the architect of his own fortune; Fortune favours/favors the brave; or A hostage to fortune?
- 'At the Castle Gate', from Jean Sibelius's incidental music work Pelléas et Mélisande, is the theme music for which TV show, on air from 1957-2013 and the longest running in history featuring the same presenter?
- Mariachi is a style of Mexican 'street (what?)': Cooking; Music; Fighting; or Flower-borders?
- What does the abbreviation SMS stand for in relation to texting?
- Apocryphal means: Obviously true; Obviously untrue; Said to be true but probably not; Actually true but said to be not?
- What is the four-letter Russian translation of the Soviet Union abbreviation 'USSR'?
- What do these creatures have in common: bison, salmon, sheep, grouse, and deer?
- In language the term ellipsis refers to missing/omitted what?
- The Sargasso Sea is named after a: Wind; Fish; Greek god; or Seaweed?
- Scrying commonly entails the use of a: Dough ball; Golf ball; Crystal ball; or Ballroom?
- What portmanteau word refers to a symbol used to convey a mood or feeling in phone/computer communications?
quizballs 235 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2013. Quizballs 2004-2013.