quizballs 234 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 234 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Blair Athol, Dalwhinnie, Knockando, Glenmorangie and Tamdhu are types of what?
- 'Motion Pictures Experts Group Format I (or II), Audio Layer III' is better known as what three-characters?
- Norovirus causes illness in humans described by what body part: Stomach; Eye; Foot; or Ear?
- Name the famous French anti-ship missile, produced 1967 to date (2012), meaning 'flying fish'?
- Limelight, Hacienda, Studio 54, and Berghain were/are famous brands of what?
- William the Conqueror (William I of England, 1027/8-87, reigned 1066-87) was also known unflatteringly as 'William the (What)': Dwarf; Hunchback; Bald; or Bastard?
- Name the well-connected ex-Facebook executive criticized widely in Dec 2012 for a sustained rant at other users when a 'private' family photo she had posted and 'tagged' went viral?
- The Italian food/word bruschetta refers originally and specifically to which of its characteristics: Bread; Toasted; Tomatoes; or Basil?
- What cosmetic treatment was reported in 2012 to be of rapidly increasing popularity among male visitors to Istanbul in Turkey: Spray tanning; Hair extensions; Facial hair removal; or Facial hair transplants?
- The stable building/terminology 'loose box' refers to what being 'loose': Its usage; Its ownership; Its location; or The horse inside it?
- Wayne LaPierre is known for his 20-plus-years' controversial leadership of what organization: Greenpeace; NRA; RSPCA; or Fox News?
- Aleph, Beth, Gimel, Daleth are A B C D in which language?
- Typically used in law, the Latin term 'Ipso Facto' means: By the fact itself; The fact remains; A matter of fact; or The facts of life?
- What is the main activity in the traditional 'Post-Office' party game?
- The (now largely obsolete) proofreading mark of a horizontal line above and below a passage of text gives instruction to correct: Spelling; Grammar; Horizontal alignment; or Spacing?
- What two phone/computer keyboard symbols originally produced the 'fingers crossed' emoticon in texting/emailing/chatrooms/etc?
- The US governmental budget crisis at the end of 2012 was referred to as the 'Fiscal (what geological term?)': Rift; Cliff; Fault; or Spur?
- Spell the word: Impenetrable; Inpenetrable; Inpenatrable; Impenatrable?
- What iconic historically semi-military people, recognized by Russia in 2010 as an ethinicity, are named after the old Cuman/Turkic word meaning 'free man'?
- The virtual educational acronym/concept MOOC stands for 'Massive Open... (what two words)'?
quizballs 234 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2012. Quizballs 2004-2014.