quizballs 233 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
and see the new quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 233 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What event caused Twitter's servers to crash on 25 June 2009?
- Hyperemesis gravidarum is an extreme form of what commonly named medical condition?
- In hairdressing what generally is the final stage of a hair perming process: Toning; Post-damping; Neutralizing; or Crimping?
- Thraex, murmillo, and hoplomachus are types of: Greek salads; Carnivorous dinosaurs; Snails; or Roman gladiators?
- What surname appeared most in the UK Leveson Inquiry Report about media/press privacy and phone hacking?
- The historical Zaibunnisa Street, is in what heavily commercialised and populated city, made capital at national independence in 1947, until 1958?
- The word callow means: Sickly; Weak; Pale; or Immature?
- In China the terms 'fragrant', 'earth lamb', and '3-6' refer to the meat of which creature?
- A gastrolith is a: Restaurant menu; Food critic; Dinosaur; or Stone swalled by a bird/fish to aid digestion?
- What word for 'the end of the world' referred originally to a revelation?
- Japan's legislative/governmental two-house assembly is called the National: Diet; Eat; Fit; or Food?
- Rheology is the science/study of: Substance flow; Body waste; Kidney disease; or Electrical current?
- What two countries have the longest motorway/interstate highway networks in the world?
- Spell: Viscicitude; Vicicitude; Vicissitude; or Vicisitude?, and it means a change of: Weather/Climate; Fortune/Circumstances; Purpose/Aim; or Fashion/Trend (two answers required)?
- From Greek for gadfly/frenzy, what word refers to the recurring period of sexual receptivity in female mammals?
- A440 refers to the international standard (ISO 16) for what: Musical tuning pitch; Food/drink sweetness; Safety match striking friction; or Pneumatic tyre pressure?
- What abbreviation, loosely equating to Ltd in the UK, and LLC in the US, denotes a private corporation in Australia and South Africa?
- C&W traditionally refers to what sort of music/lifeftyle/image?
- The Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) was founded in 1991 as a 'successor entity' to what?
- What modern term, alluding to a display place, refers to the consumer buying tactic of assessing products in retail stores, but then buying them online at a lower price?
quizballs 233 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
quizballs main page - more free trivia quizzes questions and answers
The use of this material is free provided copyright (see below) is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the www.businessballs.com website. This material may not be sold, or published in any form. Disclaimer: Reliance on information, material, advice, or other linked or recommended resources, received from Alan Chapman, shall be at your sole risk, and Alan Chapman assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, or damages arising. Users of this website are encouraged to confirm information received with other sources, and to seek local qualified advice if embarking on any actions that could carry personal or organisational liabilities. Managing people and relationships are sensitive activities; the free materials and advice available via this website do not provide all necessary safeguards and checks. Please retain this notice on all copies.
© A and V Chapman 2012. Quizballs 2004-2014.